View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 03:29 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not it. I still think it has something to do with unloading/loading the same controller for the panos while it (the controller code) is still active.

Without the timer.stop() call right before the execute loadpano() call in the controller, when I select a new pano, I get these error messages in a Flash 9 popup window every 1/2 second:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at controller_fla::MainTimeline/sendQuery()
at flash.utils::Timer/flash.utils:Timer::_timerDispatch()
at flash.utils::Timer/flash.utils:Timer::tick()

They keep coming until I say "dismiss all". At that point the controller is non-functional. I can select entries in the dropdown, but nothing happens.

Again, the controller works just fine if I take the &xml_file=xxxx.xml off of the data values in the combo box. As soon as I add the &xml_file parameter, I can load one pano, but no more.

Is there some way to disconnect the linkage between the pano and the controller flash code just before loading the new pano, and then re-establish the connection with the next pano? It seems like that should be happening automatically, but it doesn't appear to be working that way for me.

Thanks
Bob.