Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 10-21-2008, 08:11 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Denis - PLEASE update the 'autorotator.swf' plugin...

...so that it works with Flash 10. i updated my site to include your pano.swf update and have updated to the new Flash OSX version (10.0.12.36) and WOW - it makes a huge difference in quality when manually panning. (can be seen HERE).

however, the autorotator goes back to being the lesser quality. could you update it so that the pano rotates and looks as nice as the new 'pano.swf' file that works with Flash 10?

thanks
Old 10-21-2008, 09:05 PM

Hyde

You should do this manually. The autorotator has its own quality setting which you can change to medium if you like .
But I would absolutely not do it as it will affect slow computers very badly.

I am not at all very fond of the fact that the Flash 10 changes my qualityMotion to medium as that gives me very jerky manual panning on my normal work station which is not at all a slow one even if it is a couple of years old.

Hans
Old 10-22-2008, 12:02 AM

?

so - all the new Flash does is default to medium motion quality? that's ghey.

i am on a Quad 2.5GHz G5 w/ 8.5 GB of RAM. even medium works well on this machine. i just noticed that it was sooooo much smoother than the old version but it defaulting now to medium instead of low would explain why.

are you sure that's all it is???
Old 10-22-2008, 11:07 AM

No of course the default to Motion medium is not the reason why it does not have wavy lines.
Denis explains the new qualityMotion2 in the blog.

And the quality setting only affects the shimmering effect. It may be you call that smooth on your machine but on a 1,6 mHZ laptop the medium motionQuality might make it jerky.
My 2,0 dualcore G5 8GB Ram is also very jerky in browser fullscreen window (1920x1200 on a Cinema23") On my MacBook Pro 2.13 it is very smooth.
For some reason there is a large difference between Flash-Fullscreen and browser window using the new Flash 10.
Fullscreen makes it run very smooth and this is the same also if your FPP Is not updated to the new one.
A friend of mine says it is the same on PC but others have claimed that they can not see the difference.

Hans