Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 12-22-2008, 06:50 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Cool "Smart" Plugin not playing nice, tips please

I've made a little "Smart" Plugin (a .swf flash movie that loads into a hotspot > spot), and it is not working correctly in FPP... even though it should... I have two links below, 1.) is the "Smart" Plugin by itself... it works fine 2.) the "Smart" Plugin loaded into a spot in FPP... doesn't work fine. It's strange because when I initially call / load the .swf from a spot with parameter (ie. mymovie.swf?file=data) the initial data gets loaded (some text and thumbnails) but for following interaction (like moving the mouse over a thumbnail to load it into the larger area above), NOTHING. But, it works fine by itself.

I'm thinking... FPP is loading into level 0 and for some reason is 'blocking' interaction with a loaded .swf??? I tried, pano.disableControls=1; and strangely enough when the .swf is loaded pano controls are disabled outside of the .swf (where you can still see the pano) but when the mouse is over the .swf you can still pan the panorama??

If anybody can help me out... please give me your input. Take a look at the links, then view the xml's
1.) .swf movie by itself
http://www.thedreamchest.com/learnin...ly/xmlgal.html
2.) Same exact .swf in FPP
http://www.thedreamchest.com/learnin...ping2/pano.htm

Click on the red box to bring it up... by the way... if I wasn't clear... what is SUPPOSED to happen is when you mouse over a thumbnail, it should pop up in the main area above.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panorado View Post
.... but when the mouse is over the .swf you can still pan the panorama??
Try adding: blockMouse="1" to the properties of the popped up image, and the pano will not interact (nor will the image) when you are over the image with the mouse.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:10 PM

My way of debugging problems like this is to start by making everything as simple as possible. You have started with many extra parameters that may be messing things up.

For instance, why do you have:
Code:
ProductViewer.disableControls=1;ProductViewer.buttonMode=0;ProductViewer.useHandCursor=0;
when you mean to show the ProductViewer? disableControls doesn't apply to spots and if it did, it would turn off the spot. buttonMode=0 means the cursor won't interact with the spot (your primary problem) so it seems counter to your intent. Try taking all that out.

BTW, if something isn't visible you can't interact with it using the mouse, so it isn't necessary to place
Code:
useHandCursor="0"
buttonMode="0"
disableControls="0"
in the spot parameters. Take those out from the ProductViewer and ProductViewerClose spots.

See if that makes a difference.

Really you just want to make the spot visible or not. Add the alpha tweening to make it smoother, but that is all.

And as Tuddi mentions, blockMouse=1 will block interaction with the pano below the spot. No need to turn it off when the spot is not visible.
----------------------
Auto Quality Plugin: Guarantee the best FPP experience possible for every viewer on every computer.
Motion Zoom Transition Plugin: Move from Node to Node
Old 12-23-2008, 07:40 AM

Default No go...

Thank you Tuddi and Scott for taking a look. I tried Tuddi's suggestion and yes, that did stop the pano from rotating. I then tried Scott's suggestion, basically bare bones, visible <> no visible, but still, same thing... the thumbs won't load. Very strange... the initial thumbs, text, picture all load fine but when it comes time to swap pics (dynamically loaded through the content.xml) ... it seems like it just stopped. I still get the feeling that FPP is 'layered' over the top and actions can't get through. If you open the .swf, click on it somewhere to pan the pano underneath then let go over a thumbnail... the pano movement is 'stuck' to the mouse... that gives me the impression that FPP is still taking all actions of the mouse and not the new .swf... I'm Stuck...
Old 12-30-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I still get the feeling that FPP is 'layered' over the top and actions can't get through.
for what its worth, I don't think that is quite true. As you mouse over a thumb the highlight shows, so the mouse interacts with your smart hotspot.

Beyond that, all I can tell you is that I've built a couple such hotspots that work as expected. Click a button and the intended action takes place. I suspect there is something about your coding that is causing the problem. I know how infuriating it can be tracking something like that down. Liberal use of trace statements is my biggest aid.
----------------------
Auto Quality Plugin: Guarantee the best FPP experience possible for every viewer on every computer.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:33 AM

Default here ya go

Look up the mouseChildren property.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:15 PM

Default nope...

Thank you Scott and Dynamic. Well... Scott... the .swf file by itself (http://www.thedreamchest.com/learnin...ly/xmlgal.html) works fine... and I have made sure (double/triple check) it's perfectly coded... so I am pretty sure that is not the problem... I see what you saying though... it seems everything is working and should be fine as the scroller on the left works and a "MouseOver" on the thumbs highlights them... but, doesn't load the picture.

mouseChildren
Hmmm... I thought this was a FPP function but after searching... I went to google and it is ActionScript. Well, I gave it a look over but havn't tried to dive in yet... I'll try to give it a go soon and see what happens.

I remember reading on this board a couple times that FPP doesn't like "External Resources"... why... I don't know (very basic thing and very important for "dynamic" flash applications). If you'll notice in my .swf the pictures are NOT actually included IN the movie... they are being called and loaded by the .swf "externally" (using the paths from the contents.xml). Maybe this is the reason... just wish I could figure it out...
Old 01-01-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I remember reading on this board a couple times that FPP doesn't like "External Resources"... If you'll notice in my .swf the pictures are NOT actually included IN the movie... they are being called and loaded by the .swf "externally" (using the paths from the contents.xml). Maybe this is the reason... just wish I could figure it out...
Not likely, IMO. The image files are loaded. It seems that swapping of the large images is what isn't working.

Have you placed trace statements at each step to see exactly where (and why) execution fails?
----------------------