Go Back   Forums > Support > Support and service announcements

Old 04-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Finally.

The work on FPP update has finished.

Release will be made on Monday, since I will try to use the weekend for testing. Regardless of the testing I make, the release will be labeled as a BETA, and those who choose to download it, will be encouraged to report back on all possible issues they come across.

A few videos will be posted showing how to manage things in general terms, and a list of fixes and features will also be provided.

I will of course try to be of as much assistance to anyone who needs help as I possibly can.

The last thing that was implemented in the new FPP Editor, was multiple language support, which enables people to make translations of all text in the interface, send the translated material back to us, and that language will be added to the pool. People will be able to change between languages in the interface with a single click.

People interested in translating the interface files are welcome to contact me and request the files. Spanish version is being made right now.

It's been a very long time in development, but I am genuinely happy with the result. I am also sure that many people will be less than impressed, because their wishes were not taken care of in this round. This is however the very foundation for the continued FPP work, and without what has been done in this round, the future development would be a complete mess, impossible to put together into something that non-hand coders could benefit from. There are after all more non-hand-coders than there are people willing and able to deal with code directly, and their interests must be served.

Pardon my brevity right now, but more will be coming your way by Monday.

Trausti
Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Administrator

One more egg in my face.

99 minutes after midnight, I finally got the release from Proggy who had worked all day to get things ready... and I decided to do some basic testing before publishing the file. Ran into problems right away, and that has to be fixed before release, simply to prevent needless frustration. Some of the issues relate to the changes that were made yesterday to auto-resize the windows to fit different languages length of words/phrases, and another issue was already mentioned by Proggy; the html files used with the editor would have to be very specific in structure, and that we can't have... it would be of no use for anyone that way.

Today Proggy will have to get those issues sorted out, and I will have a couple or three people to test before any release takes place, even when it is only to be considered as a beta.

Trausti
Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 AM

Downloads: 0

bummer dude...

Good speed to Proggy.

Kelly
Old 04-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Administrator

As regrettable as it is, there is no reason to release anything when there exist known bugs and errors. I hope to have learned enough from advice given by good people and the history of FFC, not to go down the same path and let something out of the bag unless it has been proven to be stable and good.

This one was in no way fit for public release.