Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > Panorama techniques

Old 02-23-2012, 08:11 AM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Best Plugins?

Hello, I am fairly new to working with panoramas and am trying to make my first "major" project. There is a beautiful lake with man-made caves close to where I live in Sussex (UK). I often walk my dog there and would love to capture its charisma in a panoramic film.
I was hoping to make it very smooth running and well defined. Are there any recommended plugins that would make this task simple for me to get right please?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Spam?

Second post of yours, and you have a link to some animal clothes in your signature? Then you go on about "Panoramic film" and some magical plugins that can make your dream trip down on the beach come true? This has to be spam. If I am wrong, you could of course provide links to previous works of yours where "panoramic films" can be seen, and a description of your current techniques and equipment might come in handy.

If not, the posts will be removed and your account deleted.

Thank you.

Trausti
Old 03-05-2012, 01:13 PM

Hi Trausti,
I am new to FPP and am sorry I didnt use the lingo that you approve of. Maybe if I had said Panoramic Flash presentation or something like that then it would have made more sense than saying "film". I was trying to get some help in making a good presentation. I am not sure how to get a decent looking one. It doesnt matter though, I can persevere without using the forum if you like, or just go back to using Serif Panorama Plus. Thanks anyway.
(I will remove my signature from posts anyway - it was not meant to offend or look spammy)
Old 03-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Hi again.

We have had spam attacks in the past, and a few humanly aided spam bots do get through the security features in place. It is good to see that you are not a spammer, but it is not un-common that the first post by a spam-bot will be without a signature, and the second and subsequent posts will have a link to something that has nothing to do with panoramas (which is the main subject for this site).

You are of course welcome to post here, and I have no problem in admitting that I was wrong in your case... which is also why I posted first to allow you to respond, which you did, and which you would not have done if you were a mere spam-bot

Welcome and hopefully you can benefit from the forums.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:08 PM

Thank you Trausti for trusting me. I will continue my voyage into the wonderful world of Flash Panoramas
Old 04-01-2012, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawpoint View Post
I was hoping to make it very smooth running and well defined. Are there any recommended plugins that would make this task simple for me to get right please?
You might find my FPP AutoQuality plugin helpful. Follow the link for a detailed explanation but briefly, it sets the image quality to the best available that will still allow smooth motion. On older or less capable machine maintaining high image quality leads to slow, jerky motion. This plugin detects that and switches the image to low quality. Motion is much smoother. On higher end machines the plugin keeps the image in high quality.

Without the plugin you must decide in advance if you will have the image in low quality, accommodating people with lesser machines but delivering a low quality image to everyone or give a high quality image to everyone but forcing those on lesser machines to suffer through really bad performance.

AFAIK this plugin capability is still unique to FPP.
----------------------
Auto Quality Plugin: Guarantee the best FPP experience possible for every viewer on every computer.
Motion Zoom Transition Plugin: Move from Node to Node

Tags
panorama, pawpoint, plugin