Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 10-20-2007, 02:13 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Yes This has to be fixed.

I have managed to find out how to get it working on Mac and I posted it a week ago here. I found 2 problems
http://flashpanoramas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460

But I do not know if this is only a Mac Issue or if the FPS problem also makes problem on PC locally.

Hans
Old 10-23-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Need to change Flash Global Security settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriley View Post
I am having the same problem here. Some of the examples will not work locally, while others load just fine. When it tries to load the images, I get a "Loading:failed" on cubeqtvr.html, partial.html, preview_pano.html, bw_preview_detection.html. It looks like it is about to load, I see "Loading: 0%", then it says "Loading:failed".

Examples that do load properly: navigation.html, bw_preview.html, distorted.html, controller.html, externalTest.html (after saying yes to a couple of security challenges), embedPano.html
I'm running on a Mac -- all the examples work for me.
Quote:
I am not positive, but it seems that it is only the new examples that are giving a problem. If I do as it says at the top of the Examples.html:

"You can try to tune offline security restrictions of Flash Player if you have some problems with some example: right click on Flash movie -> Settings -> Privacy -> Advanced. Or try another browser."

all I see is the usual adobe flash player settings panel. It is the one that says "allow local access to your camera and microphone?"
Assuming that you are confident that you have accurately merged the new (2.2) files into the previous distribution, this problem is probably caused by a Security Setting (or lack of one) in Flash.

In the settings panel, there is a little button, labeled "Advanced." That is what you need to click. If you don't see it for some reason, the direct link is http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...s_manager.html.
Quote:
Not certain why it asks that, but I say allow and close it. The same examples still don't load.

I have tried this in Safari and Firefox on Mac OS X 10.4 with the same results. I have clicked on the "advanced" button in the control panel, but all it shows is the help screen. Nothing I try to do there seems to make any difference.
If you are seeing a web page whose title is "Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager," that's where you want to be. In the left column, click on "Global Security Settings Panel." The Settings Manager will appear to the right. Note that this is live, not an image... it IS the Settings Manager. (!)

It's likely that the rectangle at the bottom (labeled "Always trust files in these locations:") has nothing in it.

Click "Edit locations..." and choose "Add location." For the Mac, I typed only a single forward slash ( / ), which denotes the file system root. On windows, you may have to use something different. Click "Confirm." Quit your browser and restart it... the examples should now work. (They did for me, anyway .) With this setting you are specifying that any Flash file can run from anywhere your local file system. Which is a security risk. You may want to specify to trust only a particular directory, rather than the entire file system. See also Global security settings for content creators (a link on the help page).

Also of interest, the PDF file "Adobe Flash Player 9 Security" (51 pages)-- http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashpla...9_security.pdf
Quote:

I hope maybe these particulars will allow Denis to tell us why the examples, particularly the new ones we are all interested in, won't load for us. Anyone else with an idea, please share!
Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 AM

Default View examples locally?

Hi This is my first post here so I hope I'm doing it right.

I see that like me some of you were having problems updating the software and getting the new examples to play locally so I thought I'd share my findings. I'm sure you know most of it but this ties it together. I'm on a Mac and here's what I needed to do.

The first zip file you get from Denis is the full set of files version 2.0 or 2.1.
If you had 2.0 I think you have to update to 2.1 before updating to 2.2.
The updates only contain changes or additions so existing files of the same name must be overwritten and any new ones added while retaining all others. This is probably easy to do with WinZip or whatever but my Mac uses Stuffit to unzip and will only extract to the same folder as the zip file. I then have to manually overwrite or add files to each folder and subfolder of the old set with the new. Name the newly merged result FPP2.2 or similar.

When that's done I opened an example which does work, try 'Panorama with Navigation bar' and control click to select 'settings'. This takes you to http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...s_manager.html. Click on Global Security Settings Panel and select always ask. Then use the edit locations to add a location by browsing to a folder on your drive. If you select only the folder that contains FPP remember that if you rename or move that folder you'll lose access again.

Hope this helps
Trevor.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:18 PM

Hi Trevor
You been through the same thing like me and I really hope that Denis learns from this that updating to a new version like he has done is not acceptable. There has to be always a full download of the new version.
A lot of people are beginning to use it now and from what I know about VR photographers, at least 30% are on Mac. I would say 50% of the real professionals are.
No Mac people are used to do updates this way.
A lot of people have got a lot of trouble with the update and the security settings which was pointed out by Eric is not mentioned anywhere in his readme.
From what I can see only the movdecoder has got these problems with the security.
Or perhaps it is only the special way he opens the movies.
I got it working without changing the security settings just by changing links.

Hans
Old 11-03-2007, 07:10 AM

Default You *can* unzip/merge on a Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
(snip)This is probably easy to do with WinZip or whatever but my Mac uses Stuffit to unzip and will only extract to the same folder as the zip file. I then have to manually overwrite or add files to each folder and subfolder of the old set with the new. Name the newly merged result FPP2.2 or similar.
It actually is possible to do the same thing on a Macintosh... from the command line. See my post at http://flashpanoramas.com/forum/show...6&postcount=14. After I spent a couple of hours figuring this out and confirming that it worked, Presto! all the demos worked.

This obviously is not the way that user-level software should be distributed. Not simply because it is inconvenient for the user but also because there is no way to be certain that the extraction/overwrite/merge proceedure has been done correctly. Or succeeded.

Without feeling some certainty that the files you are working with are the same files that the developer released as "current," it's not possible to feel that your "starting point" was the same as the developer's (or anyone else's). When you encounter a problem, figuring it out will go much faster if you can at least assume your set of files is the correct and current set!