Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 12-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord
Default .ivp > .swf

Hi there. This is obviously my first post, and I don't know if I can explain my dilemma properly, but let me try:

Is it possible to convert Immervision .ivp packages to .swf files? I need to be able to deliver panos in .swf format to a client... and if that is not possible, I need to be able to link to the .ivp package (pure player) so that it will be like a floating flash window on top of a flash page...

Doable... or not doable?

Everything is or will be doable of course, but this is someting I need to be able to do now.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:52 PM

Downloads: 0
Default Welcome

Hello Tuddi,

I was/am using Immervisions player and am converting over to FPP....Why do you need to convert the .ivp packages at all ? Just take the Original Images in Cylinder/Sphere/Cube format and run them with FPP. Not sure I understand..can you show a link to a tour you have currently and specifically what you want to change for this client ?

This is a great forum, Hope you enjoy !

Dennis
Old 12-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCDigital View Post
Hello Tuddi,

I was/am using Immervisions player and am converting over to FPP....Why do you need to convert the .ivp packages at all ? Just take the Original Images in Cylinder/Sphere/Cube format and run them with FPP. Not sure I understand..can you show a link to a tour you have currently and specifically what you want to change for this client ?

This is a great forum, Hope you enjoy !

Dennis
Truth being told; I have no experience with FPP whatsoever. Until now I have done my panos with Realviz Stitcher and am using Immervision more and more for the renderings....

Could you direct me to some FPP examples where the panorama pops up in a seperate window floating on top of the main window where the link to the pano was?

I have mostly been learning by doing in the past couple of years, but now I have been asked to do a major project with literally thousands of panos (only cylinders, and for that I will most likely be using some 1-shot pano mirror thingy). But the client wants the panos in .swf in good resolution, but less than 500kb each (I can easily reach the resolution wanted with Immervision (550x350 window size), but haven't been able to get a file that can be usable for the client.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Ok, I poked a little more around your site, and found the following page:

http://flashpanoramas.com/blog/2007/...-to-panoramas/

Now THAT is what I have been hoping could be done... literally and exactly these things... only as late as yesterday I was daydreaming about a video being played in a pano on command...

This creates a whole new world of possibilities comercially and otherwise.

I'm sold... where do I pay?