Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 12-08-2007, 08:34 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default New tutorial/example added at flashpanos.com

Hey there:

I was having fun with jaaab's "Simple Compass Tutorial", and extended it a bit... This (free) example/tutorial shows you how to have a rotating nadir cap.

Enjoy!
Old 12-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

I got the "program" .... or rather... the lack of same, but I do NOT worry about using what I got, because I have seen what it can be used for.

I make my living by making photos... not by writing code... so in my view, this needs to be converted into something I can use.... and my will - will be done!

Had I bought this with the assumption it was a program like "whatever".. I would have been very disappointed indeed, because this is not a prorgam or a readily usable player at all. Don't worry, I am NOT complaining, I knew of the "risk" BEFORE I bought it, so I can not (and WILL not) complain. What I see, are possibilities, and those I want to explore as much as possible.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Thanks guys!

I hadn't dropped in recently and I was pleasantly surprised to see the announcement for flashpanos.com. I have seen a lot of great things on Patrick's panos and wished I knew how to program those things too. A few bucks to purchase that functionality is a small price!

I have to say that I am appalled by the response some people gave to this announcement. You think that people are trying to prevent you from using the advanced aspects of FPP and taking advantage of you??? Heck, if you would just get in there and take a look at some of the XML, you would see that it really ISN'T that complicated after all! Sure, the first time you look at it, you might want to throw up your hands and run, but after studying it just a little bit, you see that it is pretty simple. The documentation is terse, but once you get your head around how parameters work, it's just not that bad.

Would a GUI be helpful and nice? Heck yeah! How much would you be willing to pay someone who wrote one? $200? $100? $50? Would you insist that the only price that would be acceptable is FREE?? Do you have a job? Get paid for it? Would you do it for free?

I, for one, would suggest placing a bounty on a GUI if you are so desperate for one. How much would YOU be willing to pledge for it? I know Denis says "free updates forever", but I would happily pay a full-price update fee and more.

As to people offering commercial plugins: if it isn't worth the $$ to you, don't buy it! Do you whine that people write plugins for Photoshop and dare to charge money for them? Or do you shell out the money when one does something you really need or want? If you have the skills to write these sorts of plugins and want to give them away, more power to you. But how will you eat?
Old 12-11-2007, 11:01 AM

Some of the stuff on offer is frankly too trivial. glassMeter.fla was released as OS by Denis and it contains a few basic lines of code. The related $25 plugin on offer here only adds a few more lines and standard XML parsing. Consider that FPP is 40 euro. I agree that the market dictates what people are wiling to pay. However, this is not a reasonable price for the work involved.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user101 View Post
Some of the stuff on offer is frankly too trivial. glassMeter.fla was released as OS by Denis and it contains a few basic lines of code. The related $25 plugin on offer here only adds a few more lines and standard XML parsing. Consider that FPP is 40 euro. I agree that the market dictates what people are wiling to pay. However, this is not a reasonable price for the work involved.
First you need Flash to be able to edit the glassmeter.fla

I have already done that. It took me half a day to figure out how flash works and how to edit it.
But the reason I bought the editable meter was that I can now place it anywhere within the page. I can not do that with the glassmeter.
Plus I can just open my template .psd in photoshop and create a new meter in minutes.

$25 is nuts for me as a pro. Actually it just represents 15 minutes work.
FPP is in my opinion to cheap. The more you pay for a software the more you can demand from it.

Hans

Hans
Old 12-11-2007, 12:54 PM

When did it become a crime to make some money? I think that there must be some users on here who still live with Mum and Dad with their own bedroom and everything in life paid for. Get real!!

Good luck guys and thanks.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:08 PM

Default thanks, guys

Hi Patrick & Zephyr:

I appreciate very much your continued willingness to share and teach. Power isn't derived from hoarding knowledge, but from sharing that knowledge.

FPP is the tool we've been waiting for, and making it easier to use serves our viewsers.

Now, about that GUI for FPP...

Thanks!
Gary
Old 12-12-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David J View Post
When did it become a crime to make some money? I think that there must be some users on here who still live with Mum and Dad with their own bedroom and everything in life paid for. Get real!!

Good luck guys and thanks.
Problem is that forum is a SUPPORT forum for Flash Panorama Player NOT about making money and how to take money from FPP users with no actionscript knowledge.
Its about sharing and helping each other, now we have too much talking about paid plugins which some users trying to sell and using this forum to advertise their work.

Nothing wrong with making money but once again, its not right forum I think.