Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 03-21-2008, 06:25 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Cool "Virtual Tour" Ambiguity and bad reputation

(Concerning the Real Estate market, my opinions only... Not a rant, I hope? Just some thoughts)

"Virtual Tour" when it first came out meant a 360 degree viewable panorama... IPIX took over and the small screened, warped panos were more of a turnoff than a benefit and lost popularity. Lately it seems everybody and there brother has a "Virtual Tour" National website where you can create a "Virtual Tour" for $9.95 a year... or some rediculous price. These "Virtual Tours" of course are just simple server side Flash slideshows with still shots with Agent taken photographs. It seems like they are a dime a dozen and wondering if they make money and if Agents really think they are "Great"? Make it, put it on auto and sit back... Hmm... maybe I should make one...

Personally I feel IPIX hurt our business (the "Real" 360 degree Virtual Tour types) and reputation and the Flash "SlideShows" swooped in and now every thinks a "Virtual Tour" is simple moving pictures with fades. If you really think about it though... a SlideShow (through the internet) really is "Virtual" so basically anything can be called a "Virtual Tour".

Now comes along FlashPlayer... TOTALLY different than the 'older' style Panoramas... were talking FullScreen with no warping! (ok ok... very little... especially when zooomed way back... but at the right zoom No Warping). I mean... this is how Panoramas should be! Now this is a "Virtual Tour"!

But... I fear we have been thrown into the "Virtual Tour" basket of ambiguity. What's a "Virtual Tour"? It could mean many different things... and most agents are thinking, "They have Virtual Tours for $9.95 a year!"

Hmmm... time for a new name to separate industry standards? I mean really... how can a FlashSlideshow be using the same wording as a FlashPanorama Panorama?? I'm thinking even "Panorama" is associated with a somewhat bad reputation as being small and warped... we need somthing like Super Virtual or The Real Virtual or.... somthing to distinguish our great product!
Old 03-21-2008, 07:34 PM

all u need is good quality and better sales people, and u dont have to worry about how its called. personal opinion
Old 03-21-2008, 09:26 PM

I have shown what I can do to real estate agents. They are not interested. The real money is with high end developers. I am working on a tour of luxury condos that fetch $400,000 on up. Once I get it done I will post it here.
I am also doing some work for Marriott and some local cities. Chasing after real estate agents to do tours for $99 is something I quit doing.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:04 PM

Default Salesman ship

Hi All,

Couldnt agree with you more Panorado IPIX did more damage than good !

Joro - you hit the nail on the head ! SALESMAN SHIP I shoot a ton of Real Estate panos and I find they ARE interested if educated and sold the benefits - Izone guy, agreed high end developers pay more for a tour but who sells thier buildings ?..Real Estate Agents ! Tell the agents they can use your Tours to set themselves apart from the masses and get the local builder to do business with them ! I have had great success with this and my tours are by far the most expensive in the area, often ending up at $250 or more

Thank you FPP
Old 03-23-2008, 01:18 PM

ciao...
same problem here in Italy... not only about pano...
but in photography generically.
Only think to do is to believe in quality.