Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 03-08-2012, 05:34 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbc View Post
I think if you want to share, not through Trausti because since he took over FPP, it nothing happens outside of FCC.
I can personally assure you that a great deal has gone on in FPP development! Go to the FPP files section and check the RC6 (release candidate 6) and 2.4 beta threads, for instance. Also look for "first Flash 11 player" threads here and on other forums. I've even seen some of the mobile device player work that has been stunning. Unfortunately none of that quite got to final release stage -- yet. So close but no cigar, as they say. Very frustrating for all involved. But when a new release does come out we will be quite happy with the new capabilities.

What I find amazing, and I believe you do as well, is that FPP remains such a remarkable, flexible program for virtual tour development even now... with the unfortunate exception of HTML5 output. But as has been said many times there are a variety of HTML5 options to use alongside FPP to help get around that.

I enjoyed your extensive restaurant(s) tour, BTW.
----------------------
Auto Quality Plugin: Guarantee the best FPP experience possible for every viewer on every computer.
Motion Zoom Transition Plugin: Move from Node to Node
Old 03-16-2012, 05:20 PM

"I've even seen some of the mobile device player work that has been stunning."

I would add that iPhone and iPad panos need to be able to work offline. Any date of when we are likely to be stunned?
Old 03-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Some things are better left unsaid.

As for FPP being dead... that is just laughable. It is very much alive and used on daily basis by a lot of good people.

iOS option for FPP exists here: http://iosvr.com All who know and use iosvr are very happy with it in every way and form.

We will also come out with iDevice support sooner or later. Time is limited on our end - more limited than it has been in the past. But the engine for it is ready, more time is needed to make it more complete.

Proggy has started working for the biggest software company in the country, and his position there is to make an iOS app. This of course means that he will bring a lot of knowledge back to the Panorama development.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:38 AM

http://dailyseotip.com/how-to-destro...-or-less/2133/

I like points 1,2 and 4 myself.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:51 AM

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trausti Hraunfjord View Post
Some things are better left unsaid.

As for FPP being dead... that is just laughable. It is very much alive and used on daily basis by a lot of good people.

Proggy has started working for the biggest software company in the country, and his position there is to make an iOS app. This of course means that he will bring a lot of knowledge back to the Panorama development.
As I read you, the development of FPP is stopped for some next months!
I think it's time to liberate the source.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Marc Paratte View Post
As I read you, the development of FPP is stopped for some next months! I think it's time to liberate the source.
Not stopped, slowed down while resources were directed to more immediate needs.

I don't think Trausti would have the option to "liberate" the source even if he wanted to. Copyright to that would be held by Dennis. If you want to work on open source code consider PanoSalado.

Anyway, what people are clamoring for is mostly an "HTML5" version of FPP, not so much updates to the Flash player. Anybody can work on that already in an open source kind of way. There is even existing code started by Corvus to give you a head start. Intimate and extensive knowledge of JavaScript, CSS3 and Apple's proprietary version of Webkit are crucial. To be honest, while there are some programmers familiar with all that, the number who could jump into a project like we need are relatively few. There would still be a steep learning curve, based on my own experience and investigation.
----------------------
Auto Quality Plugin: Guarantee the best FPP experience possible for every viewer on every computer.
Motion Zoom Transition Plugin: Move from Node to Node
Old 03-27-2012, 03:40 PM

Been away from here for some time, but glad to see things are alive, if a little scaled back. I have downloaded what seems to be the latest pano.swf file from Trausti here ... http://flashpanoramas.com/forum/show...70&postcount=7. Is this v2.4 or 2.4 beta or something entirely different? Thanks
visionman
Old 03-30-2012, 06:59 AM

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionman View Post
Is this v2.4 or 2.4 beta or something entirely different?
Your question is pertinent.
My answer: There are no change list, neither update list.
My observation: Flash 9 is no longer supported.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Scott is right, it has slowed, not stopped. Currently Proggy is working on an iOS player which will be built into Flashificator once ready. It should be able to convert a FFC project pretty much to an equally feature rich iDevice project (only limited by the existing limitations in iDevices and the code).

No, there will not be made a special version for those who have FPP only ... it would be too much work for too little return. Those who do have Flashificator and who do purchase the iOS player, will be able to do their own hand coding of the output material if they feel a need to do so.

The player as it is now, can display cubefaces for iPad2/iPad3 and iPhone 4s at 2289x2289 pixels, with smooth movement and no problems (but it does crash on iPad1... which is not a major concern, since iPad1 is so much inferior than the later models, and should not be kept as a benchmark limitation for development).

It has been claimed that it is not possible to use cubefaces of that size due to iOS automatically downscaling.... but that has been proven to be less than accurate. The real limit is 2289x2289.

Requests for "liberating" the FPP code are simply a waste of time and space. It is not going to happen. It would be the same if you were told that you had not been using this or that lens/camera/laptop/computer/car/books/tools of yours for the past x-days, and therefore you should just give it all away. Does that sound like a reasonable thing? Of course not. And as Scott points out, it is not up to me to give away the intellectual property of others.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trausti Hraunfjord View Post
Scott is right, it has slowed, not stopped. Currently Proggy is working on an iOS player which will be built into Flashificator once ready.

No, there will not be made a special version for those who have FPP only ... it would be too much work for too little return.
Ok. For me FPP is now officially dead.