Uploads: 0
Default Ruddigore Dress Rehearsal

Any critiques appreciated - Thanks, Kelly

http://panocea.us/Rudd/

Old 02-01-2011, 05:58 PM

Downloads: 1

Neat, thanks for sharing. Good quality.
There's a new version of picmenu where the scroll bar is clickable.
Minor: And you may need to check your no script object code, I think that would fail, because you've customized the xml name but haven't specified it. But seriously would browses without JS besides the guys wearing tinfoil hats.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:31 PM

Downloads: 0

Thanks for looking and for commenting Sacha.

I will try implementing picmenu2.

I asked Tommy earlier (after I was nearly finished) about facilitating its movement like the other objects in the navigation pad; sliding left/ right, etc., as the picmenu plugin that's bundled in FFC would not allow the application of such functions, and he also suggested trying picmenu2.

Your comment about the scroll bar has me wondering what you mean as I can click on the scroll bar (in the picmenu) and drag it up and down scrolling the thumbnails - are you saying that it doesn't work for you?

As for your other comment - whew - right over my head - except the tinfoil hat part... I always wear mine while in front of the computer What is a no script object and why will it fail? The customization of the xml file including its name has been done entirely through FFC and I'm still a long way in learning code... so I'm all ears

Kelly
Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 PM

For those without javascript, code in the noscript tag will be shown instead. I'm not 100% but if you change your xml different from the name of the swf, the swf won't know where to find it unless you specify it which is what I see.

For the scroll bar, I meant, a normal scroll bar, you can click above and below it to scroll it. Not just dragging it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbellis View Post
Thanks for looking and for commenting Sacha.

I will try implementing picmenu2.

I asked Tommy earlier (after I was nearly finished) about facilitating its movement like the other objects in the navigation pad; sliding left/ right, etc., as the picmenu plugin that's bundled in FFC would not allow the application of such functions, and he also suggested trying picmenu2.

Your comment about the scroll bar has me wondering what you mean as I can click on the scroll bar (in the picmenu) and drag it up and down scrolling the thumbnails - are you saying that it doesn't work for you?

As for your other comment - whew - right over my head - except the tinfoil hat part... I always wear mine while in front of the computer What is a no script object and why will it fail? The customization of the xml file including its name has been done entirely through FFC and I'm still a long way in learning code... so I'm all ears

Kelly
Old 02-01-2011, 09:09 PM

Kelly,

he's saying that your version of the picMenu plugin is 18 generations old. You've got 1.24, and the latest version is 2.19.

Tommy
Old 02-01-2011, 10:30 PM

ohhh - I gotcha - Thanks Tommy!

Maybe in some future time, FFC users will be able to painlessly swap out the old ones and even add new one yet to be invented

Kelly
Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 PM

You should be able to just download it and replace the file.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:52 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

No one can keep up with the speed at which Tommy produces his plugins!

There are new features in the later versions of the PicMenu plugin, and the one that was worked into FFC underwent quite a lot of work to work inside the AIR framework... but lessons have been learned, and future version (version 3) will be much more future and update oriented, so that it should not be a problem to replace an old plugin with a new one. Making of new controls and layout can be done with minimal effort if done with the plugin producing package which will follow version 3 of FPP+FFC.