Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > Showcases by FPP users

Old 04-08-2011, 09:36 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default They have been building a lab around my camera

This nice demo lab was completely regrouped around the camera to have a good view of all the components.

http://www.pro4pics.com/virtual_tour/TNO

There is a small video showing some of the things that they do. You will find it in the cube on the right side of the projection screen.

Grtz, Ton
Old 04-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to discocandy Send a message via Skype™ to discocandy

Hi Ton. Thnx for sharing!
I see your fingerprint in it colorwise. always a little overprcessed hdr
Simple but effective hotspot work. to bad the windows are still a little blown out but like this you keep the interest on the cubes and not the surrounding erea

one minor thing would be the little low rez info buttons. On my screen they become pixelized when I zoom in to much and the pano itself stays sharp.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:37 AM

Thanks for your comments Freddy,

Yes I could have worked on the windows some more, but I left it this way for that reason. Thanks for your remark on the hotspots! I left them scalable in this version and it does looks terrible ops:. I have corrected it now.

Thanks again!

Ton
Old 04-16-2011, 06:57 PM

Pete,

This "lab" is unbelievable... I mean, I was ready to ask what 3D modeling program was used Seriously, the tone mapping adds to that artificial look but just the idea of assembling these elements like this for an image is really unusual.

Could you tell us more of how the project was concepted and executed? Who designed and built the exhibits. Who's idea was it to build this symbolic environment to serve as a menu for more detailed presentations? How is this being used? Any data on effectivness compared to a traditional, flat web page design? That sort of thing.

To me, you've produced a much more interesting project than your low key mention might suggest.

Oh, and what TNO is doing is really fascinating.
----------------------
Auto Quality Plugin: Guarantee the best FPP experience possible for every viewer on every computer.
Motion Zoom Transition Plugin: Move from Node to Node
Old 04-17-2011, 12:00 AM

Thanks Scott,

Yes, it is a rather unusual environment that you would not expect in a scientific research institute. At least I did not expect anything like this.

This wonderful demo lab has been set up around some of the first experimental devices. They are now testing far bigger ones in the field. The idea is to go around it with visitors and explain all the possibilities.

They had no experience at all with 360 photography and they came to me with the idea to make a 180 degree panorama from one side to visualize it more or less in the same way on their web pages. And then I met with this setup.....

I could convince them to turn the devices towards the center and make a 360 from there. We reshuffled all the cubes and this is what came out. Then they asked me if I could put an image in the monitor screens and before I knew it I had Power Points, posters, videos and web links to put in place :-)

It never was the intention to create something like this, these things happen when a client gets enthousiastic. I am sure you have had similar experiences with your projects.

To be able to zoom in on the details without loss, I used a 20mm on the 5DII. I made two rows of 8 shots with 6 different exposures and made the final cubes 3000 pixels wide. That is what gives it the 'unreal' touch.

Thanks for your interest!

Ton