Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > Plugins discussions

Old 04-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord
Default HTML5 Translator first test

Finally time to show some progress on the H5 translator, where you can also do testing with your own projects.

What is missing at this point:
1. Functions
2. Audio support
3. Video support
4. Testing and calibration etc.

Due to the functions not being ready (all existing Flash functions need to be rewritten for the new engines), there is currently no way to move between nodes in a tour. Single panos only.

Here is an example with 3 images making up the top banner, a dashboard banner with dashboard buttons on top: http://flashificator.com/p2h5/h5_translator_test_1/

To do your own testing:
1. Go to http://perudise.com/
2. Click "Choose file" button (displays with different text in different browsers) and select the xml file from a project of yours
3. A zip package with the translated xml and other essential files will be downloaded to your computer
4. Unzip the file in a location of your choice
5. Replace the html file of the project with the one provided
6. Replace the xml file and copy the other files to the "Files" folder
7. Upload the project to your domain (currently it will not play locally due to security reasons)

Please keep in mind that this still needs more work and tweaking. The final product will not be through online translation, but rather on your own computer. This is done for convenience, and so that you can actually benefit from this right now ... albeit limited on features....

If projects are set up in the right way, this can be used for hand-coded projects as well, and not only for Flashificator projects.

Initial testing results/issues:

Chrome works best on desktops, but arrow keys on keyboard do not work.
Safari displays cubefaces with a 4x4 grid of 1 pixel hairlines. Arrow keys do work.
Firefox. Arrow keys work... but also slide the pano out of view (to the left) due to alignment issues with the hotspots.
Opera... Opera is still not capable of anything in this field.

Keep in mind that the navigation buttons are only graphics and NOT with any functions attached since no functions have been made yet.

More testing and tweaking to be done, and reports of any and all findings are very welcome.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:55 AM

This is good news!
I tried to upload an xml but I also get the 500 error:
"500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request. Powered by CherryPy 3.2.4"
I assume it has nothing to do with xml errors since I tried with an original sample too. (windows 7, Chrome, Mozila, ie9).
http://tinyurl.com/c4ho27d two ziped xmls for me to test, I'd be greatful if u have the time to convert them for me Trausti .
Player performance looks fine on chrome, I 'd prefer it slightly more sensitive, but I assume that will be customizable in the future.
Minos
Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Confirmed that the server is throwing 500 errors for *no* reason at all. Of course there has to be a reason for it... just don't know why yet. I will try to get proggy with me to test and find out why it happens at first given chance.

The way it pans and stops is just one chosen option in the player... it can be set up to behave differently, and this particular way of slowing down and stopping is not to my liking. Too abrupt.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have some good news on the test server.

Trausti
Old 04-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Reason for the error was due to a missing depth value for a hotspot in one of the files, and duplication error in the other along with some definition that was expected, but wasn't present.

Proggy is going to change the server setup, so that a mail will be sent automatically to him when errors happen, and that should make it easier to fix what can be fixed and provide users with info on errors that can be fixed on their end.

Trausti
Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 PM

Cool feature the error info, it found and pointed at the duplication error. I guess html5 will be the punishment for all messy hand coding. :-) . With some changes in the tour.css (it was aligning the buttons at 50% from top instead of BC) first test looks promising http://tinyurl.com/c4zy76v
Minos
Old 04-24-2013, 11:41 PM

It start to be interesting, to say it mild.
I was always pointing the importance of validating the xml. Kept in mind future updates of flashplayer, but it seems, it's important in converting also.

Minos, you could find duplicate alpha easily just by opening xml in Firefox.
What comes to missing depth on other xml - it doesn't show up in validating. There might be other default values in xml for flash, what we didn't need to write always, but needed now when converting.
So, it seems we need to have a list of needed values for converting. It might be a reason why I failed to convert my xml's.

Wonder, what will happen, when we start to convert bigger xml's, made with FCC. Usually there is not errors in spots but duplicate functions are practically in every xml, I was looking at.

Ormar

Last edited by uudu; 04-24-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Administrator

Validation, yes, the past comes to haunt us all
Old 04-25-2013, 12:28 AM

You said it! (Y) Can't find the Like button.