Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Service > Request changes / modifications

Old 12-22-2007, 06:25 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
What format do YOU (the reader) normally use when making your panos, and which formats would you most likely be using with the upcoming FPP GUI
Primarily MOV files. I keep being temped by cube faces in jpg format but much prefer the single file approach. Not using anything else and certainly nothing but jpg for cube faces.
Scott Witte Photography
----------------------
Auto Quality Plugin: Guarantee the best FPP experience possible for every viewer on every computer.
Motion Zoom Transition Plugin: Move from Node to Node
Old 12-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

The above and following comments are from private messaging we had last night, and to which we have agreed to put on public display.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Thank you very much for your reply Scott.

So you don't use the cube faces... prior to making the .mov?

But IF you would render the stitched images to cube faces, how would they be organized by the program? : 0,1,2,3,4,5, or 1,2,3,4,5,6 or f,r,b,l,u,d or ft,rt,bk,lf,up,dn or something else?

Does that mean that you are mainly interested in the FPP GUI function of "flashificating" the .mov to be viewable in flash?

For your information, the GUI work continues on a daily/nightly basis, and bugs and errors are being noted and eliminated as we encounter them. One of these days I will have to start working on the graphical layout of the program, so that it will not be too boring to have on the screen while working with it, but more important is the need for the functionality to be in order.

For me as a non-coder, it is a big relief to be able to click my way to a usable result.

There is a lot more work to be done on the GUI, but that was only to be expected. Only an hour ago (midnight local time) I was discussing the work with the develloper, so this is being taken seriously.

Trausti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Witte View Post
Primarily MOV files. I keep being temped by cube faces in jpg format but much prefer the single file approach. Not using anything else and certainly nothing but jpg for cube faces.
Win-Mac compatible.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Witte
Trausti,

If I thought you wanted to converse about this I would have responded in the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddi
So you don't use the cube faces... prior to making the .mov?
Ah! Usually I make cube faces first and convert to MOV from them (after retouching). And I just use Pano2VR's default: 0,1,2,3,4,5 rather than rename them with f,r,b,l,u,d.

Quote:
Does that mean that you are mainly interested in the FPP GUI function of "flashificating" the .mov to be viewable in flash?
Flashificating? I love that word. Anyway, sort of but not really. MOV is just the single file format that still works now that stripes have problems. And as you know my interest in FPP goes way beyond flashificating standard QTVR.

Quote:
For me as a non-coder, it is a big relief to be able to click my way to a usable result.
I've been forced into coding and actually want to do that to get the most functionality out of FPP. That said, having a GUI front end to do the basic skeleton, the redundant grunt work, could be a big help. Of course the more it can do the greater the help.

On the other hand, as I progress with FPP I am settling on a basic skeleton and mostly replacing file names plus picking and choosing from some standard components I've already built. Then I add the unique features for each tour. Building a tour now takes a fractoin of the time it did at first.

It will be interesting to see how much FPPGui would help me now. Some months ago it could have been a godsend.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Witte
Trausti,

If I thought you wanted to converse about this I would have responded in the thread
I would very much like to have the discussions out in the open, so that others can get an idea about what possibilities there are, and there aren't floating around.

Quote:
Flashificating? I love that word.
Thank you... that is my brainchild, along with "flashificate" ... according to google no one has even stumbled upon using those words... those will be used in the FPP GUI

Quote:
Quote:
I've been forced into coding and actually want to do that to . That said, having a GUI front end to do the basic skget the most functionality out of FPPeleton, the redundant grunt work, could be a big help. Of course the more it can do the greater the help.

On the other hand, as I progress with FPP I am settling on a basic skeleton and mostly replacing file names plus picking and choosing from some standard components I've already built. Then I add the unique features for each tour. Building a tour now takes a fractoin of the time it did at first.

It will be interesting to see how much FPPGui would help me now. Some months ago it could have been a godsend.
Yes, the basic issues will be covered in the first version of the GUI, but I hope I'll be able to continue financing future versions that will allow the user to input his/her standard setup features, such as personal/company logo, music, personalized control panel buttons etc. etc.

Since the GUI will be made in a way that in NO way limit the possibilities of personal coding, it will hopefully be a welcome add-on for already code loving people.

Being able to code according to one's own skill/design wish, does make FPP uniquely flexible and preferable for personalized jobs.

I would not like to see that taken away... even though I can't do any of the coding myself, since I like individuality and uniqueness, but I also reckognize the need for a standard "quicky click" version for all the easy steps one has to do every single time with the panos, and thereby save time for the person doing the job.

As it stands now, it takes me 6 single clicks and one double click to make a cylindrical panorama with limits blocking out the black areas in nadir and zenith. The 6 clicks INCLUDE clicking "START" (in windows) allowing "Programs" to expand and starting the GUI application from there with the second click. So if the program is open, it only takes 4 clicks to manage the creation of a Cylindrical pano with the limits in place (assuming the program opens up in the source folder.... same amount of clicks is required to flashificate a .mov file) That is surely something that saves time, even for the best of coders

A folder is created. If the pano project is named "ProjectX", that will be the name of the folder and the files (ProjectX.xml, ProjectX.swf, ProjectX.jpg (or ProjectX.mov).

I am absolutely convinced that the GUI will be seen as a very helpful addition to both code writers and non-coders alike, since it will save time.... and time is the one thing we never get back in our lives.

If you have any special requests or questions or just want to converse, do not hesitate to send me a line, and I'll try my best to respond to your requests.

Trausti
Old 12-23-2007, 12:15 AM
Administrator

FPS

Anyone use the FPS in their panos? Would you (the reader) consider it important to have it as a function in the GUI?

I ask not because it would be difficult to have it, but because I want to try and keep the interface as clean as possible. No need to have options available that are seldomly or never used by anyone.

And now the GUI writes an html page as well, making it a child's play to add description to the pano they publish.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddi View Post
Anyone use the FPS in their panos? Would you (the reader) consider it important to have it as a function in the GUI?
No and No. But...

Why not make it one of a list of plugins that can be loaded. FPS is non-exclusive so it can simply be added to a list of optional plugins, including tooltip and doubtless others, any number of which can be chosen. There could be other lists of plugins such as load meters, only one of which can be chosen.

It would also be great if the user could add third party plugins on the fly, such as those from flashpanos.com or ones they may program themselves. You could set that up like an XML file, so it is easily modified.

Is it clear what I'm getting at?
----------------------
Auto Quality Plugin: Guarantee the best FPP experience possible for every viewer on every computer.
Motion Zoom Transition Plugin: Move from Node to Node
Old 12-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Ok, I'll include the FPS.

This is the idea I have for a skin... which will change as more functions will be added. This is the first tab (no tabs still visible) and the hotspots will have their own tab.... probably there will be no more than 3 tabs.

And here is what it looks like inside the folder where a 6 cube face project is saved (with autorotation, fps and loadmeter in plugins):

And here a folder with a flashificated .mov file without any plugins apart from the movdecoder of course:

The html page is made automatically without the need to select it's creation or not. When the project photo(s) or .mov file are selected, these are automatically copied, renamed according to the name the user decides upon and put into their own folder along with the plugins one has decided to use with the project.

And Scott, thank you for airing your thoughts! The possibility of adding one's own or bought plugins will be kept open, so the user can customize the output files even more in a standardized personal way. I was discussing that very issue today with the developer. That will be done after the basics of all other functions are in place.

A real pleasure to work with FPP this way... at least for someone like me.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Default FPP Flashificator ver.0.3 free for download

FREE download of the first version of the GUI.

Please air your opion on it's functions, lack of functions etc.

http://flashificator.com/1/Flashific...basic.info.htm

At the above link, you will find all the needed information and the download link.

This is the first FREE version, and it is very limited in options, but it should give you a taste of what is to come. The first COMMERCIAL version will be loaded with options you will hopefully love.

I am already out a few hundred dollars for the current work put into this, and it is clear that the first commercial version will be a lot more expensive to develop. But rest assured; it will become available as soon as my economy allows.

Do not hesitate to encourage me to continue with this project by commenting on it... or stop me from doing any more by pointing out how bad it really is.

Comments are needed.

This is what it looks like:

I truly hope you will like what has been done, and be willing and able to buy the commercial version when it becomes available.

Last edited by Trausti Hraunfjord; 12-10-2008 at 03:19 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:25 AM

Works fine on an italian WinXP install.

Download link for Adobe AIR Beta 3 Installer (Mac + Win):
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html