Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Service > Request changes / modifications

Old 06-06-2010, 07:20 PM

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Hi Tuddy, I wish you have rested very good, knowing that you are going to tell great news.

waiting for your wake up in the other side of the ocean

Good morning by the way
Old 06-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

You hereby get the basics.

Denis and I will be cooperating in the development of FPP, moving it out of the current position. A new update will see the light of day soon.

I will take on the sales and customer service and make sure that people get access to forums and Google Groups and so on. My programmer and Denis will start working on the projects side by side... mostly my programmer, but Denis will have full access to everything that is done, and be able to add his flavors and plugins etc.

There will be new balls on the soup in many areas, and the community will be kept up to date on "everything" we do, so that you won't feel distanced from the development. New prices and pricing policies will be introduced. FPP will most likely see some major changes that will result in older projects not being compatible with the player in the new format when it comes out. That is however not around the next bend, so there is no reason to worry about that.

The security of the program will be hugely improved. In that regard a licensing system will be introduced.

For me, the most pressing new addon should be the tiled multi resolution loading, and as soon as my programmer has the source files for FPP, he will start working towards the implementation of such a system.

You will be kept informed as time passes, and you are always welcome to ask your questions if you need specific answers.

The technical questions in the forums have traditionally been best answered by other members, and I think that is the healthiest way, but of course it doesn't hurt if the developers put in a word or two from time to time.

You all know me... I talk too much, but am limited on useful technical info... but at least FPP is being brought back to life, with active development on every day basis. This will affect the Flashificator development, but in the end, it will benefit both worlds.

That's it for now.... unless you have some questions.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:12 AM

Downloads: 2

Thank U Trausti!!!
U are great boy
VirtualGuide,NGo

http://www.virtualguide.sk
Old 06-07-2010, 06:34 AM

Great news! thank you Trausti!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:06 AM

Downloads: 0

Well done Trausti.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:37 AM

Great news, I hope this will be a fruitfull cooperation between you and Dennis.
Will there be a formal announcement and a list of new features of the new version(s)?
A roadmap with features and estimated releasedates would also be great ;-)

And if there is anything I could help with just give me a pm

Frits Jan
Old 06-07-2010, 08:44 AM

Let's hope this will be a good solution
Can't say it was a big surprise

Looks like your poor programmer will have a lot to cover though, Cocoon, FFC and FPP?

Who will take care of the documentation and tutorials then?
FFC documentation could need a serious overhaul/update.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:10 PM

I also can't say it's a big beautiful surprise, but at least things go on.
I'm a bit worried that someone can continue the development of a software that's must be full of tricks in order to get best performance avoid redundance calculations......

Anyway things are like this

what does it means ?

New prices and pricing policies will be introduced??

no free live updates anymore?
Old 06-07-2010, 12:40 PM

Hmm Jordi has a point...

The last time dennis mentioned v3 he told us that he was almost finished with this version.
I think it is wise to first start to help him finish this version and publish it the normal way.
Then from there you can start build newer versions and implement things of your own.

Can Dennis estimate how long it would take to finish what he was working on now that he has a little bit of help?
Old 06-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Frits.
Quote:
Will there be a formal announcement and a list of new features of the new version(s)?
A roadmap with features and estimated releasedates would also be great ;-)
That would be great to have, and even better to hand out... but by now, I can confidently say, that any announced release date will not be reached. When things are ready, they are ready... and then they are probably still buggy. So you shouldn't hope too much for anything of the kind. I will however do as I normally do; Keep people informed about progress and what is being worked on. List of features could be obsolete the second it is announced, if a new good idea results in something new that should be added to the list... so ... I think it's simply going to run on my current system of informing along the way about how things are.

Bj?rn.
The FFC documentation is indeed lacking (practically non-existing), but after the next round of bug fixes in FFC, video tutorials with examples will be made, and that should be done on a scale big enough that the issues not covered, will not be a problem, since people will hopefully have gotten the gist of how things are done.

Jordi.
The alternative would have been what? Many people have left due to the situation, and more would have seen no reason to stay or to join.
Yes, new prices and policies will be introduced. No details on any of that are on the table, or even existing as thoughts.

On the issue of free updates.... Since the Flashificator project was launched, there have been 74 updates. Completely free of charge. I announced early on, that updates for version 2xxx would be free, but when a completely new version (version 3xxx) was made, it would be sold as a new program again, and whatever updates that would be made for it, would be free, until a completely new version would be made. That is in every way, a very good deal for people. If people want free updates AND free new versions that are complete new builds, they can always try to get the same from Microsoft, claiming they already purchased Windows 3.1 some 16 years ago, and they want the new Windows 7 for free as an update... They would need more than just luck to get that deal through

FPP will be further developed in the current version... get new features and known bugs will be fixed. Hopefully more documentation can be made about the inner workings as well. That will be within the current version 2xxx of FPP, and be covered by what I see as natural "free updates". Any and all work my programmer does on that front, will be paid out of my own pocket, since there is no income from that at all for me. I'm sure that sounds like good news to some people, but most people do understand that further development does take time, and programming time costs money. Therefore the next version of FPP will be higher priced, and there will be some features/plugins sold seperately, and not as free updates. The pricing will have to be decided when it is possible to do a calculation on the costs involved, and the estimated copies sold etc. We are nowhere close to being able to even give a guess as to what prices might be. Any guess at this time, would be waste of time.

So... there will be free updates for as long as the current version 2xxxx is the latest one available. After that, people will have to decide if they want to upgrade to the new version, or if they want to stay with the current one, that would at that point have reached the end of development, or move to something different.

Hopefully this clears things up a little bit for you all, and I would like to thank everyone who has posted here, sent me skype messages and emails and pm's thanking for me trying to get things moving again.

Trausti

Last edited by Trausti Hraunfjord; 06-07-2010 at 01:10 PM.