Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Service > Request changes / modifications

Old 04-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I hope the next release of FPP affords him the luxury of hiring an employee that maintains some line of communication with the community.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:54 AM

Default Fyi

Trausti,

I in no way mean to diminish what you say your going to bring to the FPP world, nor do I have any issue with your pricing for it, on the contrary I think it will well serve the professional FPP users and in that context is quite inexpensive.

But, as it's not documented in the formal documentation - only the beta release notes at this time - you may not know that Krpano with it's tools options currently has all of the security functions you note, now.

Just an FYI.

Regards,

Robert
Old 04-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Thanks for the info.... good things are obviously found in the KRP camp as well. I wasn't aware of it, but it doesn't surprise me much.

In order to spank myself publicly, I can say that there is a slight delay for the publication of the FPP security package... due to VERY limited access to the programmer lately. The good old days where I had him chained up in my basement, working 20 hours per day, are gone for now. Sometimes people need a little breathing space too. But it is coming along very nicely. The interface is 95% done, adheres to all standards, consumes 6k memory, is fast and feels good. The programming of everything for the package is finished, and the only thing left is to insert the programmed packages into the interface (link things together). I hope for that to be done sooner than possible, but essentially it all comes down to the time the programmer can put into it in the coming days.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:56 PM

@Tuddi
Does your package crypt the xml (if wanted) like the hideapano by Zephyr did or do you put everything into one *.swf or *.exe. I hope you have the first point as option. Btw. thinking about the pricing, if I am honest it is nothing that I cld sell to my clients as a more benefit. They wldn?t care about this. The more security aspect is a point for the creator of the tour instead of the client. Maybe u think about this point again but at least it is your product and you will decide wisely.

Last edited by Astroman; 04-21-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Administrator

I never tried the hideapano, and don't know how it's inner workings were...

The project will be as it is... with files and folers etc... so no one-file output (impossible due to the way pano.swf is made). The xml file holding the parameters for the project will be encrypted, and the same goes for the visual images.

There is automation that will make it a very simple operation for FFC users, while it is more likely that hand coders will have to point out the correct xml, html and pano.swf file, but even in that case, the interface will be very generous and provide you with available options in the folder structure.

The pricing... well, this is meant as a tool for professionals. When a tour has been stolen from someone, the first thing one does, is to try and reason with the thieves... when that doesn't work, one can threaten with a lawsuit... when that doesn't work, one can give up... or actually take contact to a lawyer and spend time and money.... most lawyers cost more than €150 per hour... and their work might consume many hours before things would be resolved. In that light, the price for the package is quite small, plus the fact that a client would not have to get back at you complaining over someone having stolen the tour.

High price? For hobbyists yes... but for a professional that sells 3 or more good tours per month, it is not. Adding €50 to a tour that already costs €2000, is miniscule.

Purchasing Flash CS5 and investing time in order to make something similar... well, needless to say, but it would cost a lot more.

This has not been done in the FPP community until now (except for the short-lived hideapano), because it is not an easy task to come up with something like this. I wanted the programmer to do it at the end of 2008, but back then I had to pull him back away from it, because he couldn't find a solution in a timeframe of a couple of days. This time around he got the basic solutions worked out in a very short time, thanks to increased overall knowledge....

Those who need this security will purchase it. Putting the price down will not increase sales, and since I am not a social welfare officer the price will stand. Just as the very low priced FPP price stands.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:06 PM

He Tuddi, thanks for your quick reply. As I say the price is that what you set on your product so it is not on my person to start a discussion about your decision. But I know for myself I cldn?t put this as a point for a client they don?t care about a security as far as the tour is working for them. So it is a part on my own, so thatswhy I protect plugins via Actionscript as good as I can.

Good to know that the cryption wld work as you described it - in that way I think it is better than to put it in a single *.swf or *.exe like KrProtect does. Both "ways" have there own qualification depending if you use it for standalone or for online tours. I was thinking a little in that way what an upcoming new FPP version wld - have but that is speculation actually...

Btw. the hideapano was an "online" cryption but mostly limited (maybe a bug) the files were not working with a file size above 50 kb.

Last edited by Astroman; 04-21-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:18 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the response (hadn't seen that one in the past week). Some people are telling me that their clients are very worried about the security part for the tours. Some of my FFC users in the past have shelved FFC/FPP until there would be a proper security available... Of course there are different clients with different needs, and not everyone will be needing or requesting burglar proof projects, but then again, there are some who consider the data security as an essential point.

I don't know if KRP single file output is on the same level as Pano2VR's. ... all I know is that a Pano2VR .swf file takes no more than 5 seconds in a decompiler, and all the content is in the open and available. If the same is the case for KRP's single file output, then it's not much of a security... KRP's .exe (standalone projector for PC's) is already an available option with a single click in FFC, along with a Mac standalone projector. These are fine for offline presentations, but with the FPP projects, the files are still available to be stolen. In that context I need to say that with the FIRST release of Pano Cocoon, there will NOT be support for offline content... such as cd's/DVD's or even open folders.

Here you can have a first look at the interface as it looks now, and get the basic info for each step:

http://flashificator.com/forums/view...hp?f=17&t=2261
Old 04-29-2010, 01:51 AM
Administrator

Another point that might be of interest for many, is that I want a batch processing system built into the Cocoon, which would make it considerably much easier to protect multiple projects in a limited time. Again; using Flashificator OR using a structure that resembles the simple one xml file strucuture in FFC, will allow the most automation and most time savings.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 AM

He Tuddi, when your planning to release.
(I know it?s done when it?s done )
Old 04-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Administrator

I have "ordered" the programmer to finish everything before Monday.

... now I only have to see if that can be done. If it is doable, I would probably need no more than a day for testing, setting up a sales page and a day will hopefully also be enough time for the programmer to document everything that needs to be documented.

The programmer did get time to work for me last night, and that has brought the remaining "issues" down to 4.