Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > Panorama techniques

Old 11-10-2008, 08:27 AM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default fpp on Iphone

hello,
I thought it would be nice to carry some panoramas with my on my iphone. This way I could show people what I do if I meet them.

Do you know a way to present a flash player panorama offline on your I phone?

cheers, Marcus
________
IPAD ACCESSORIES

Last edited by _Marcus; 04-24-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:58 AM

Downloads: 1

hi,

Nice thought, I had the same. But the iphone is a pain for displaying panos:

1. Apple removed QTVR from their QuickTime player embed in the iphone, even if QTVR was in QT since 97! No luck for the quicktime pano here!
2. No java support for the iphone. Forget about java based panos.
3. no Flash support, even if Adobe said that their player would work on the iphone. And mostly the flash player will *never* be supported on the iphone, because Apple would loose a large market place. Thus forget fpp and all flash based panos viewers.

Now, that leaves you with two "solutions" for displaying panos on the iphone:

1. CubeWorld
2. PangeaVR

These are apps you need to download from the Apple Store.

I've never been able to make CubeWorld work correctly (terrible documentation), maybe that it improved since August..

PangeaVR might be exactly what you're looking for in its paid version (~20$), as it allows you to see panos offline.

Hope it helped.

cu
Old 11-10-2008, 01:32 PM

hi nidrig,
that??s what I was looking for big thanks!

The pay version enables to save your panos on your Iphone. Here is a tutorial to create a Iphone version of your panoramas

http://www.pangeasoft.net/pano/pangeavr/portfolios.html

works great. I was able to view my panoramas on my Iphone after 15 minutes

cheers, Marcus
________
Lovely Wendie99

Last edited by _Marcus; 04-24-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:24 PM

Default ^^

The new Iphone Firmeware 2.2 supports Google Streetview and thats (as I know) in Flash.
( http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/10/firmware22beta2.html )

So, I think it will be possible to see Panos in Flash on the Iphone in future - but i dunno if the ressources of the Iphone is good enough.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:40 PM

What's the latest on iPhone panos? I have been using Pangeavr but I don't think many like to pay for the app to show it directly. Using the free version of the app in manual mode with cut and paste to view is a PITA and way too much for the standard iPhone user to wade through. I read in the google groups about some new technique being used where no "app" is needed but when I tried to download the example files, of course Google gave the the traditional empty zip file as it does with everything else you download. Any pointers?

And does anyone besides me find it odd that Google's file downloading facilities could be down for months with no proposed fix promised or the issue even addressed? It makes me wonder what people who base their business models on Google resources have to think about this major level of incompetence.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Well, there is a reason... and the reason is found in people's stupidity. There are many stupid people who like to pester other people's lives, by spreading virus and malicious scripts and stealing etc... and Google can not prevent that from happening without blocking the sharing of zip files... which is not a solution for anything at all.

What's next? Will they block emails from being sent, because some cyber criminals use emails to spam others or to spread viral video messages etc?

Anyway, here is an explanation:

Quote:
http://www.infosecurity-magazine.com...google-groups/

Cybercriminals exploit Google Groups

13 May 2010
Cybercriminals are using Google Groups to distribute rogue anti-virus software and other malware, according to researchers at security firm eSoft.

The attackers are sending e-mails to Google Groups members asking them to update their e-mail settings by following linked instructions.

The links take users to a fake Google Groups page that infects visitors' PCs with a Trojan that downloads malicious software, including rogue anti-virus program 'Desktop Security 2010'.

The rogue software runs a fake PC scan, notifies the user that the PC has been infected and then prompts the user to buy software to remove the threat.

The malware is designed to trick users into handing over their credit card details and other personal information to purchase the bogus software.

The eSoft researchers said the use of community sites like Google Groups and Windows Live is becoming commonplace for cybercriminals looking to get the upper hand on web and spam filters.

Web filtering with real-time URL lookups is the most effective way to combat these threats, they said.

eSoft is flagging compromised Google Groups pages as they are discovered, and blocking other sites involved with this attack, the firm said.
And another one here:

Quote:
http://community.ca.com/blogs/securi...-campaign.aspx

Published: May 10 2010, 11:57 PM
by Mary Grace Gabriel

CA ISBU recently received spam emails that abuse the free service of Google Group, a service from Google that supports discussion groups, including many Usenet newsgroups, based on common interests. Malware authors used this free service as a free repository where they can host malware.

Fake Administrator Settings

We received spam emails disguised as a legitimate email from "your Administrator". The spam mail informs the recipient about a recent change in mailbox servers and requires the user to check the malicious attachment containing the instructions to update mail settings [Figure 1].
Old 07-13-2010, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
The new Iphone Firmeware 2.2 supports Google Streetview and thats (as I know) in Flash.
( http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/10/firmware22beta2.html )

So, I think it will be possible to see Panos in Flash on the Iphone in future - but i dunno if the ressources of the Iphone is good enough.
google maps is not flash.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Hmmm....

Quote:
Google Maps API for Flash Developer Guide

The Google Maps API for Flash provides a new way to add interactive Google Maps to your website, using Adobe's Flash® plugin to display dynamic map content! This API exists as a fully independent alternative to the existing JavaScript Maps API, and provides many of the features of that API while also adding the ability to mix Flash content with Google Maps.

The Google Maps API for Flash is new, so we'd like to hear your feedback. We encourage you to join the Maps API for Flash discussion group to give us feedback.

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/doc...ash/intro.html
So it is new... does that mean it might change more into flash in coming times?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 AM

Aifos,

yes, the Google Maps API is a Javascript solution, but also available in a Flash version that I use in my gpmap2 plugin.

The Google Streetview, on the other hand, requires the Flash viewer (at least in the PC).

Tommy
Old 07-13-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
google maps is not flash.
Yep. Right. It?s uses the Jqery lib if I am right.