Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > Showcases by FPP users

Old 12-01-2010, 08:52 AM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default aerial tour- Bridges of Minneapolis

I'd like to share this recent project: Bridges of Minneapolis

I'm a little concerned about how well it performs on older machines, let me know your experience.
Click here to visit, thanks for watching.

Pat L
Old 12-01-2010, 10:14 AM

Pat,

I'm really impressed how you got all the pieces together, and I think it works great now!

Personally, I also find this vicinity very interesting because lots of swedes emigrated to these parts of USA in the second half of the 19th century.

The only small detail that I could find to complain about, is that - in my taste - the panning and zooming speeds are a bit too slow.

Tommy
Old 12-01-2010, 04:09 PM

Hi Tommy,
I was able to pull this off due to all your awesome plugins and help, thank you.

Yes, the Scandinavian culture permeates the state, my in-laws still make Ludefisk during the Christmas holidays. For those who aren't familiar, it is raw fish preserved in lye, one of the strangest cuisines ever invented

Regarding the pan speed: my clients complained about the high mouse sensitivity, making it difficult for them to pan without disorientation, hence the higher friction value. In fact, I hear that complaint a lot, sometimes I think developers like us got too used to the speedy panning, that we don't notice how hard it is for the lay person to navigate. In addition, this needs to deploy on a touch screen, the higher friction value makes it easier to navigate with a finger.

Pat L
Old 12-01-2010, 04:31 PM

Pat,

you are probably right about the panning, and that we - as developers - look at things differently.

P.S. I think you'd better add that, earlier, the fish was dried after being prepared with lye. A very efficient form of conservation before deep-freeze was possible. And before eating the fish it has to be thoroughly rinsed in water. And then cooked, of course. But then you can look forward to a delicious course - which I enjoy every Christmas.

Tommy