Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 03-11-2008, 08:54 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

In Firefox (at least on Mac) you can go under the Tools menu and select Page Info.

Also for Firefox is the Flash Tracer plugin, which can tell you a lot about a Flash presentation -- and it's also a must-have for debugging.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:56 PM

Hi all,

thanks VirtualGuide, you perfectly understood me and now i understand why html encryption is not enough

@zephyr:

FPP is also a utility that relies on features that are AS3 only. so Flash 9 only. But it works perfectly with plugin detection

++
Old 03-11-2008, 10:06 PM

Hi Igor,
Yes, it is in Safari that I have always accessed Jaaaab's XML, so maybe he thought it was hidden, when it wasn't, and I didn't even know I had access to something "hidden". And however it is that HTML encryption works, it would absolutely depend on the browser to keep the HTML and various downloaded files hidden, and either not cached, or in some sort of hidden/encrypted cache, since at some point it has to be decrypted to be displayed by the browser. And it is a very unusual request in the browser world to have something like an XML file or an image file be reliably encrypted / hidden. So unless there is a standard that I don't know about that browsers actually implement across the board regarding privacy of some downloaded file in encrypted HTML pages (and we know how well browsers implement the standards ), then I wouldn't have a lot of faith in it.

Jaaab: post that link. And were your XML files supposed to have been hidden from me all those times I've learned from what you wrote? If so, sorry!

Zephyr

Improving the panoramic one mighty fine plug-in at a time: http://www.flashpanos.com
Old 03-11-2008, 10:09 PM

Jaaab: regarding plugin detection: right you are. I'll look into that. I'd have to make another .swf like show_pano.swf that then loads in shell.swf, which then loads in pano.swf.....

How convoluted!

Zephyr

Improving the panoramic one mighty fine plug-in at a time: http://www.flashpanos.com
Old 03-12-2008, 12:00 AM

Default My first full "Encrypted" Multi-Node Tour

Ok my first fully "encrypted" multi-node tour using the QuickTime mov's

The XML and mov's are all encrypted using the same key.
It uses the following plugins:

menuFullscreen.swf
movDecoder.swf
glassMeter.swf
hotspots.swf
limits.swf
autorotator.swf
tooltips.swf
controler_as3.swf

It has a sliding menu with map with a compass (thanks to jaaaab for the compass tutorial), dropdown controler, all kinds of hotspots, etc the works

It was a bit difficult to "encrypt" but with Zephyr's help we did it

Encrypted Multi-Node Tour

Please post any problems you encounter with the tour
My Random Blog
FPP:ContextMenu plugin add your own brand safely
Old 03-12-2008, 01:53 AM

Default I have two questions

Hello Zephyr, I have two questions:
1. Can your utility just encrypt the .xml only? easier? or does it have to encrypt both images and .xml? Actually... I'm not too worried about my images... it's that .xml work I'm most concerned about.
2. If it does have to encrypt both .xml and images, would this effect "pre-downloading" the images? Say I have a tour with 7 areas... as soon as the first is loaded I have built a custom "pre-downloader" flash file that downloads all the other images while they are looking at the first. Just wondering if the encryption would effect this.

P.S. Paulo, I had no problems with the above encrypted tour
Old 03-12-2008, 04:21 AM

panorado: The utility is designed to 'encrypt' both the XML and the images. And this is so that someone can not take your XML template and just switch out the images. And so that unscrupulous clients can't reuse your images without your say so.... It could be made to work with just XML, or could be made to work with plugins too, if someone had a particularly special plugin they had to protected. If there is demand for an XML and NOT images, I could make an XML only version and include it in the package, so you'd have the choice between XML and images, or XML only.

Pre-downloading: No this would not affect pre-downloading. Even when an image is pre-downloaded into a browser cache, the browser still passes it on to Flash like it had just been downloaded. So this would work fine with e.g. my Cache plugin, or any custom caching solutions that a pano operator has cooked up.

In short, I really tried to make it so that, except for bugs, which I can fix (and have been!), it can handle anything that you could throw at FPP without it.

Zephyr

Old 03-12-2008, 08:49 AM

Hi Z,

no problem, i've never hide my xml, was just thinking right now about that way.

good luck with show_shell.swf

Cheers.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:48 PM

Downloads: 1

Zephyr did an amazing job here! I bought the plugin, came across a minor bug, and he fixed it withing less than 24 hours! If you want to encrypt your panos, don't hesitate to buy this plugin!

Regards, Ph.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:40 AM

Downloads: 1

Zephyr, any news about the promised desktop application to make the encryption process more convenient?