Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 04-08-2008, 10:45 AM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

What about plugin detection and cyl/equi images?

Cheers
Old 04-09-2008, 05:06 PM

Default about cyl/equi images

Zephyr wrote:
3: Does not currently support equirectangulars or cylinders, however support will probably be built in soon.
panoType=cylinder sends the loaded cylinders or equirectangulars to cylConverter.swf to be converted into cube faces and then back into FPP for display. I have not yet figured out how to send the "descrambled" image into cylConverter.swf for conversion into cube faces.
However, you can of course convert the cylinder or equi into cube faces yourself and use panoType=cube, and it will work fine. And you will get better quality too, since cylConverter is worried with converting fast, and when you do it yourself, there is no time constraint.

I have tried to convert cylinder into cube faces but the quality result isn't good and for some reason the 6 resulting images are bigger in KB.

So I wonder if it would be usefully to have an encrypter that would encrypt just the XML file.

I have use and tested the encryptHTML pro and it works fine since it encrypts the original html, but can't get the XML file not to cache so its useless since you can find the XML file in your hard drive.

I guess I will be waiting untill we get a version working for cylinder/equi images.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:32 PM

Default it's all in the XML...

I did some research / searching for "XML Encryption" and there does seem to be some sort of complicated system / method programmers can use but from what I "couldn't" find... there is no simple utility to Encrypt / Hide an .xml file. Everyone uses .xml files these days with lots of data. A lot of them are dynamic (making the process of encryption much more difficult I think) but a lot of them are static which would be simpler to encrypt (once again, "I think... I'm not a pro programmer). With Zephyr's tool... couldn't Zephyr sell it into the "General Public" (and not just FPP) also as a .xml encrypter? If he could sell a .xml encryption utility to the masses... he would be very excited it think? ha ha... Personally... the photos... whatever you do they can be "stolen" I think... Screen Capture utilities... and the only way to protect them is to slightly destroy them with logos and or watermarks but a lot of us spend lots and lots of time with our xml's and our "secret" functions... we spend a week or more perfecting an .xml and I would love to protect that work... A drag and drop utility... simple... effective... I'm sure there is a pretty big call for not only FPP users but the masses in general for a simple .xml encrypter. P.S. about the HTML "so called" encrypters... please do your homework about "hacking" these files... it doesn't take to much searching to find methods to crack these...
Old 04-13-2008, 09:04 PM

Downloads: 1
Question still silence?

Knock knock, hello, Zephyr? Still no news? At least when we, the paying customers, can expect a GUI?
Old 04-16-2008, 08:11 PM

I tried the utility, and files crypted work offline, but online i get this error.

Code:
Error: Error #2058: Si ? verificato un errore durante la decompressione dei dati.
	at flash.utils::ByteArray/uncompress()
	at shell_fla::MainTimeline/xmlLoaded()
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
	at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

Why?

update:
I tried putting it on a server wamp private, and it works perfectly. Maybe i must activate some particular language on the server provider?

Last edited by vampirz; 04-16-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:44 PM

Downloads: 1

Is Zephyr ever going to tell us if there's yet an application to come (like promised) or not? Some clarification would be highly appreciated.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:03 PM

Zephyr can correct me where I'm wrong, but: We may partly be waiting on me for this.

One thing Zephyr and I like is being able to use Flash itself to create GUIs or nice user interfaces for things like this which can benefit from them.

Between the wider adoption of ActionScript 3 and Adobe's own AIR tool, the world of Flash-to-App or Flash-to-EXE programs is in an uproar. My personal favorite (mProjector) is in the process of updating to handle AS3.

Zinc, and possibly others, purport to have AS3 support -- but the jury is still out as they are new to the scene (as far as AS3 is concerned) and they are expensive.

My own requisites for a program which will let me create APPs from SWFs is that it let me output standalone APPs and EXEs, at reasonable cost, and without requiring a sidecar runtime/app be installed. mProjector & Zinc accomplish the latter, but cost money. AIR accomplishes being cheap, but requires a sidecar runtime/app be installed.

I have my eye on AIR (and Denis/FPP may be waiting for it before updating FPP with a new GUI, etc, who knows), but I'm going to wait until it's matured a bit before I sit down and learn how to use it and troubleshoot it.

My 2 cents.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:57 PM

hi!
i don?t know if this was posted yet, but i don?t want to check all the posts in this thread.

I?ve seen that when the xml is encrypted the pano and the objects movments are not very smooth.

Can this be solved? i see this is the only problem this utility has.

great work, zleifr!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:27 PM

hi,zleifr,i'm sorry to my english.

all my works were used xml+.mov, and the others can find the mov and xml in temporary Internet Files,so i need a tool to encrypt my mov ,xml and jpg......

your HideAPano "Encryption" Utility can encrypt the xml+.mov? http://www.gogopixel.pt/go360/011207/ i download the .mov of yours,it still work???