Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 12-08-2008, 10:54 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi Tommy,
thanks again for quick response,
what I wanted to ask you is if there is the possibility to load mytexts.txt into <box>.

Thanks for interest.
Bruno Napoli
Old 12-09-2008, 12:40 AM

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by allSaints View Post
Philipp:
The texts from the text file always pass thru FPP, so that's why the comma and semicolon characters acts as delimiters. I should have thought of that! Well, it's fixed now - new zip files are uploaded.
Wow, you're superfast! :-) I'll try it out tomorrow (it's 1:45 in the night here right now)...

Quote:
Regarding the "????" problem - I noticed your EDIT - fine, because I couldn't find any problems myself. Here is a link to a test page with utf-8 characters.
Your utf-8 example works perfectly for me. So either you have fixed it now, or (more likely) I was just doing something terribly wrong :-)

Quote:
I'm not sure how you imagine setting width and height with a percentage. Maybe it's possible to get a resize event to wake up the plugin, get the pano size and resize the text box accordingly, but that would not change the size of the text font. Please tell me if I misunderstood your suggestion.
By percentage, I meant in percent of the viewport (pano size). So if the pano is 400 px wide, "width=50%" would give 200. If the same panorama would be viewed bigger (e.g. browser maximized, compared to custom sized), 50% would be more accordingly than 200 px. I hope it's understandable what I mean by that? Sorry for my bad English..

Ah, and one last thing that just comes to my mind: The "width" and "height" parameters change the text box' initial size, right? But once the box is set up in the pano, changing its "width" value moves the box horizontally (and "height" vertically) and does not resize it. Is this meant to be like this?

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for this! It's greatly appreciated!
Best regards, Philipp
Old 12-09-2008, 04:10 AM

Default Thanks Tommy!

4 months later... but Thanks! Havn't been able to make it back to the boards as much as I like. I ended up doing somthing like you... just create an .swf, load it in a spot and have the .swf dynamically load text. Not a 'plug-in' just a spot. I will download your hard work and keep it on hand though, great work and thank you very much!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Bruno

Hi Bruno

well, you can always load the text file through the "texts.swf" plugin by writing <box text="#nn" ...

But maybe I will add the possibility to read the text file directly from "textbox.swf" by writing textfile="....". That would give the same functionality as in "htmlbox.swf". I promise you I will look into it.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:48 PM

Downloads: 1

Hey Tommy,

I've had a closer look at it. Comma and semicolon work great now, as well as umlauts / special characters. Thank you much!

But I have realized the following: When you use textbox.swf as smart plugin in a box-object, it does first apperar as empty box (without text). This only changes if you call either "height" or "width" somehow, for example like:

onClick="height+=0;" makes the text visible when clicked on.

If in a spot-object, everything is shown from the beginning like supposed.

Also I wonder how one could change the text it refers to (like: "external.textbox.text=#2" or so?) Or even have it cycle though the texts, say as onClick event; something like: "Take the next text in the file, and if it's the last one, begin with the first again"?

Best regards, Philipp

Last edited by phberlin; 12-09-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:15 PM

Philipp,

I'm glad you are such a tough tester!

Quote:
But I have realized the following: When you use textbox.swf as smart plugin in a box-object, it does first apperar as empty box (without text). This only changes if you call either "height" or "width" somehow, for example like:
That one is interesting - because it doesn't happen on this page. The XML file for this page is here. But I'll try to look into this problem.

Quote:
Ah, and one last thing that just comes to my mind: The "width" and "height" parameters change the text box' initial size, right? But once the box is set up in the pano, changing its "width" value moves the box horizontally (and "height" vertically) and does not resize it. Is this meant to be like this?
No, it's not supposed to change the position of the text box. But I discovered in the FPP documentation that default alignment of hotspot objects are Center-Middle, so changing the box size will move the box corners. By including align="TL" for (Top-Left) in the <spot> (or <box>) tag, it will keep its upper left position and grow to the right and downwards. I have updated the XML in my test links.

Quote:
Also I wonder how one could change the text it refers to (like: "external.textbox.text=#2" or so?) Or even have it cycle though the texts, say as onClick event; something like: "Take the next text in the file, and if it's the last one, begin with the first again"?
Well, the textbox.swf is not an external plugin - the texts.swf is. So if I would change a property in texts.swf it gets a message from FPP. That's the channel I'm using to get the texts into the text boxes. But if I change a property in a textbox (ie. text="#n"), I'm not sure how the hotspot plugin can get a message. I will try to solve that issue too - I also think it's a very good idea to be able to change texts.

I'll be back...
Tommy

Last edited by allSaints; 12-09-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:07 PM

Default New version

Sorry if this seems confusing, but the plugins are still in the development stage.

So, I have uploaded new versions of the zip files.

They can be found here:
textbox.swf, texts.swf, htmlbox.swf

I have made two main changes:
  1. In textbox.swf, the text can be read directly from a file with new parameter textfile="..."
  2. The justify="..." parameter is renamed to textalign="..." and works a bit differently - hopefully more logical

Please see textfiles included with the zip files.

Philipp:
Please check the empty box problem again.

Regards,
Tommy
Old 12-10-2008, 07:58 AM

Downloads: 5

Hello Tommy,

It's very kind to share your knowledge.
If i use your work, i will mention your name.

Thank you

Best regards

Christophe
Old 12-10-2008, 09:30 AM

Hi Tommy,
thanks to much for share your knowledge.
Quote:
1. In textbox.swf, the text can be read directly from a file with new parameter textfile="..."
This not work for me... please can you make a basic example? Thanks again.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:56 AM

Default Re: broma

Hi Bruno,

Here (XML) is a link to a hotspot <spot> that reads text from a file, and
here (XML) is a link to a hotspot <box> that reads text from a file.

The <spot> link works OK, but the <box> link still has a problem (if you click on the text box, it will display the text).

I think there is some kind of timing problem when initializing the plugin and I will try to look into that tonight (I have my "real" job to manage during daytime).

Tommy