Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 12-10-2008, 03:47 PM

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by allSaints View Post
Philipp, I'm glad you are such a tough tester!
Not sure if this is a compliment or rather a circumscription for "demanding nitpicker", haha...

Quote:
Sorry if this seems confusing, but the plugins are still in the development stage. So, I have uploaded new versions of the zip files.
If anyone here wants to complain about that, he's free to give you EUR 100,-- to make the process more straight forward. Just my opinion. Because I (and I'm sure others as well, also those who only read this silently without posting) am grateful for you sharing your hard work!

Quote:
In textbox.swf, the text can be read directly from a file with new parameter textfile="..."
Works like a charm for me...

Quote:
Philipp: Please check the empty box problem again.
I have. It's still the same issue. BUT -- one can circumvent it. I fiddled around a little and found out that having it 'change' the height directly in an onLoad-event does not work, so I did the following and it works perfectly:

Code:
onLoad="timer+=1,0,,showTextbox;"
showTextbox="textbox-id.height+=0;"
This goes directly in the box object that defines the very textbox. "textbox-id" of course has to be replaced with the corresponding textbox' id. So for example:

Code:
<box id="texttest" url="textbox.swf" 
pan="166.00" tilt="0.00" distance="2.48" 
rotationX="-11.00" rotationY="0" rotationZ="0" 
alignX="-0.50" alignY="-0.56" depth="2" 
scaleX="1.65" scaleY="1.63" 
alpha="0.2" visible="1" blendMode="normal"
segmentsX="10" segmentsY="10" distorted="1"			
width="350" height="240"			
textfile="my-testtext.txt"
charSet="iso-8859-1"
scaleable="1" visible="1" mouseChildren="0" useHandCursor="0"
wordwrap="1" textalign="left" leftmargin="5"
font="Arial" size="10" color="#3366CC" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"

onOver="alpha=1,300;" 
onOut="alpha=0.2,600;" 
onClick="whirlAround();"
onLoad="timer+=1,0,,showTextbox;"

showTextbox="texttest.height+=0;"
whirlAround="rotationZ+=360,400;"						
/>
Quote:
Well, the textbox.swf is not an external plugin - the texts.swf is. So if I would change a property in texts.swf it gets a message from FPP. That's the channel I'm using to get the texts into the text boxes. But if I change a property in a textbox (ie. text="#n"), I'm not sure how the hotspot plugin can get a message. I will try to solve that issue too - I also think it's a very good idea to be able to change texts.
Sounds great. You probably know Zephyrs and Patrick's plugin architecture tutorial (since you actually have written your own plugins already). If not, maybe it could be helpful regarding the above question. Since I have absolutely no clue about Flash/ActionScript, as I am only a simple ingenuous FPP user (sigh), I can unfortunately not help with this issue any better.

Thanks again for your efforts! It's much appreciated!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:17 AM

Downloads: 0

Philipp,

it annoys me a bit that the communication between FPP and an external plugin seems to be easier to achieve than between FPP and a hotspot "smart" plugin. And the interface is so poorly documented that you're kind of fumbling in the dark.

I have been testing with using textbox.swf as a <box> hotspot, and there must be something that differs in FPP - from a "timing" point of view - between a <spot> and a <box>, because FPP doesn't seem to quite "ready" with the <box> when I put the text into it.

Well, I'm going to test some more to try to solve it, as it's the last piece to make the plugin at least usable. Then you can always refine it and add more options...

For me this a case study to learn more about Flash and AS3, but of course it makes me happy if someone finds it useful

Tommy
Old 12-11-2008, 09:23 AM

Tommy,

This will be extremly usefull and thanks for sharing.

Paddy,
Old 12-11-2008, 06:36 PM

Hi guys

I am not sure that I understand this thread correctly, but this is also a way to include text boxes in a tour: www.wideeyes.dk/temp/krybily - please click the "Info" button in the lower left corner to see it.

Regards
Morten
Old 12-12-2008, 11:53 PM

Tommy,

When you complete the plugin, add a 'donate' button or a paypal email address to your post. I'll gladly transfer something as your going to help a %$@# load of people out with this project of yours

Many thanks for doing it,

Andrew
Old 12-14-2008, 11:43 AM

Well, I think I have managed to fix the last issue with the text box plugin, and I have uploaded a new zip file for textbox.swf. The other two plugins, htmlbox.swf and texts.swf are the same as before.

The previous version suffered from some kind of timing problem when the plugin was used with a hotspot box to read the text from a file.
Here is a test page - when you click on the text it alternates between being a box and a spot (because there is a onClick="distorted+=1" function).

I want to thank everybody for your support, and I'm sorry panorado for capturing your thread.

Tommy
Old 12-14-2008, 01:56 PM

Downloads: 1

Tommy, you're a genius -- works like a charm now (box object, text loaded from file). Thanks a lot! That's all I can say...
Old 12-14-2008, 02:06 PM

Hi Tommy,
you have respected what you have promised, thanks a lot for your work.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:03 PM

Talking Steal Away...

Absolutely no reason to appologize for anything Tommy, For the amount of effort and function you brought to FPP with dynamic text, It's your's man! I'm just happy to have brought the question up and it has taken on such interest and utilization. Thank you very much and I hope many people use it as it is a great and needed function for FPP.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:59 PM

Downloads: 2

First of all - great work!

But I tried to make an example with htmlbox, same as in the description of htmlbox plugin, and I can't make a link (<a href="">Asd</a>...), in FPP it's just a plain text.
Any ideas or examples how to make a working link?

If making url is possible, is it possible to assign a custom action to url? For example, when I click an url, I want to load another pano, or launch a function defined in xml file.