Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 10-16-2008, 01:41 AM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Early hotspot boxes

Hello,

I am a new on this forum, trying to manage FPP as well as possible. At the moment I have problem with hotspots appearing before the panorama loads:
In first panorama the hotspots appear as required, that means after loading and transition is accomplished. But in all following panoramas invoked through hotspot boxes in the first panorama the hotspot boxes of a new panorama appear first and before loading and transition such next panorama is ready.
What i am doing wrong?

I use xml configuration at the moment.
I have noticed that in FPP controller example hotspots appear after the panorama is loaded. Must I use LocalConnection for the purpose or write a function in an embedded pano ?

Could you point me to the solution?

Many thanks in advance
Old 10-16-2008, 01:22 PM

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacekVR View Post
Hello,

(...) In first panorama the hotspots appear as required, that means after loading and transition is accomplished. But in all following panoramas invoked through hotspot boxes in the first panorama the hotspot boxes of a new panorama appear first and before loading and transition such next panorama is ready. (...)
Hi JacekVR,

I guess that is because the hotspots plugin is already loaded in memory when you load new panos, while when loading the first pano it isn't. You might try to set all hotspots to invisible when loading the next pano and add an onTransitionEnd-event for each next pano, so that every hotspot is set visible=1 only as soon as the pano is loaded and transition is over.

Regards, Ph.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:15 AM

Thank you.

That is exactly what I try to implement. I have tried many options.
Most recently:
<global onNewPano="alpha=0;visible=0" onTransitionEnd="visible=1;alpha=1;pano.goTimer(); " > but only accidental effects.
Now the hotspots appear correctly only in the second panorama but not when i come back to the first. I got an impression that hotspots are not always cleaned correctly when pano is unloaded and a special work around is required. Otherwise the instruction in global tag should do work.

Having no result I started to try strange calls as onNewPano="external.hotspots.visible=0". No result neither.

I will try get it more steady tomorrow. .
Old 10-17-2008, 02:16 AM

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacekVR View Post
Thank you.

I got an impression that hotspots are not always cleaned correctly when pano is unloaded and a special work around is required.
I have also experienced this in the beginning. But as soon as I started to change my workflow such as I now only work with a single XML per tour, no matter how many nodes are in it, I do not have this problem any longer.

However, maybe you could also solve your issue simply by using the "linked" parameter. As far as I know, "linked" hotspots are loaded just after new pano transition end. This way, you would not need any global events regarding hotspots. Tipp: I have noticed that it's often a good idea to call the corresponding pano in the linked parameter with the full path (not only the pano name itself), or it won't work.

Regards, Ph.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:55 AM

Thank you Ph,

Now the hotspots boxes appear after the panorama loads, at least on the sample...uff.
Many other features is still waiting. For example invoking high resolution file for fullscreen, thumbnails slider etc.
Again many thanks
Jacek