Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 01-12-2009, 03:58 PM

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Best Floorplans Ever Done

Hi everyone !!

Usabilty is one of the main aspects for our virtual tours, as it will be the way we will let users explore the scenes we want to represent...
For acomplishing this issue, the floorplan navigation is a basic point to mantain the user situated in the space...
There are few points that I would like to comment :

1. In most of the maps build in FPP, I find the same "bug" :

- When you click on a MAP hotspot, while loading the scene if you click on another MAP hotspot, the radar or compass will go to the last click even the loaded scene will be the one from the first click...

you can chek it out in this project

other example is trying to solve the problem but with a quite unusable solution which is closing the map once you click on the MAP hotspot, which causes a clear effect of delocation for the user, you can check here

In the last example we can enjoy of one of the best floorplan ever done, you need to get inside the house to see the map...Here the problem is completly solved as the compass is going exactly where it has to, and seems not to allow any action while loading the image...

2. One of the main points for having the best floorplan, should be that when you are pointing (on Over) to a hotspot in the scene, it get marked (and the tooltips appear) in the floorplan, so you know the space location you are going to access, and this way we can avoid getting in the same scene again and again, which happens very easily in quite big tours...

3. For full success of not getting in the same scene (unless you want it), there should be a function able to distinguish visited / unvisited hotspots, so we should use an extra set of hotspots to mark those that have already been visited, and this way making very clear which are the next places to visit...

4. For making a more friendly user loading process of the new scene, there should be the possibility to make an animation in the MAP hotspot, where and image moves from the actual point to the next point... I can assume that the movement should be rectilinear, because it would be quite difficult to define a curve...Anyway in most of the cases a rectilinear movement would be enough, always that we are able to define some different points on the track. Maibe a new FPP plugin could be done in order to be able to have bezier curves to define this tracks, and also to reduce the task of measuring every point in the track..

5. Finally an easy way to have multiple floorplan availability, would be great, because in most of the cases the buildings have more than on floor.

-One solution could be having all the floors at the same time and just making the actual bigger and alpha =1 while other stay in half scale and alpha = 0.5
this way you can know from the begginig the amount of spots you can acces to...

-An other solution could be to just view one floor, and having the availability of changing them through a combo box, or by accesing them directly through the hotspots from the scenes...

Thanks for reading this quite long post, and I hope that this issue will call the attention and help of some advanced FPP users, and hopefully we will be able to easily build the Best Floorplans Ever Done

Last edited by jordi; 01-12-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:06 PM

Downloads: 0
Default Curious.....

Hi Jordi,

Just curious what is your target audience ? I dont even get into the floorplan with real estate shoots because of the time it takes to create and produce a tour. I have used a map with hotspots but no radar in some commercial panos.

Again just curious...also where are you located

Happy shooting : )

Dennis

PS...I think the example you show as "the best ever" is the work of forum member Nidrig

Last edited by DMCDigital; 01-12-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:35 PM

Hi dennis,

as you could have seen in the Floormap examples, museums, real state, big organitzation, hotels, and many other virtual tour markets, are expecting us to create more evoluted panorama based tours...

I know it takes some time to produce all the graphics, and specially the code to do that, and this is the main reason of this post Making and Easy and Clear XML code to enable this features in a very few time...

The time for the virtual tours based only on panoramas is almost finishing (in my way of thinking) an the market demands for a full experience with environmental sound, voice explanation, floormaps, info, video and any media that you can thing about...
360? images, is a very good container for all those medias, FPP is the best flash panorama player ever done...that's why this code should be written for everyone...
Actually I'm located in Spain
Old 01-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Hi Jordi.

I'm sure you will like the "Mapper" plugin that is being done rigth now for Flashificator. It will be ready during this week, and will enable easy painless management of most things in real time.

Keep an eye out for the video tutorial once it has been released.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:02 AM

Hi Tuddi,

I'm sure your soft is growing and making a good evolution, anyway now it's my time to fight with xml little bit, I want to learn how to configure in an easy way the functions that I need for my Virtual Tours...

In this post from flashpanos, it was said something that I feel very interesting and it was this : what we really need is a FPP xml bible...

I know the tutorials are very good, but you need to be quite skilled in writting code, and to know about the structure you need to use...

So what I mean, is that I'm able to understand what the code is doing, but I cannot create new functions, I don't know if I'm alone in this ??

I would love to use flashificator, but IMHO I feel it still needs more way to be really usable...I mean if I see the video tutorial no problem for doing nothing, but when the video is not there, I cannot figure out what's the way to follow...correct me if I'm wrong because I really need a GUI for the FPP...

I told you few days ago about a good way of making everything more usable in the Flashificator forum...

Would you be interested in me doing "in a graphical way" what my thoughts are?
It would take me some time to draw everything but if you want I can do it, and try to help with my 2 cents the VR comunity...just let me know...

The destination of this post is changing it's direction in every new post, so please I would thanks so much if someone can help in writting the code for making the functions of the first point of the post, for making everyone able to use it...

Last edited by jordi; 01-13-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Administrator

If you find the will and time to draw up your thoughts, I'm sure it would be beneficial!

As to the wish-list you have outlined:

1. Disabling clicking other hotspots in the map until the one that has been clicked has loaded the pano, is of course beneficial in case of users who are impatient and click-crazed.
2. Tooltips appear for the hotspots (onOver) in the Mapper.
3. Why would it be any other way?
4. Interesting. This is possible to do, and I for one can see the usability of it. Will take it up with my main programmer.
5. Being worked on, and will be there when released.

Of course this won't be of much use for non-FFC users, but I'm sure people understand why.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:27 PM

I do not really understand what you want with this post.

If it is a wish list for functions in FPP it must be because you have not used it yet or do not understand it because all the functions you mention are available if you want to learn them. Its just a matter of using your imagination and you can create almost anything with FPP. Its not at all that difficult.

Besides one thing. It is absolutely not adviseable to be able to disrupt a loading function as you want in point 1. It can cause flash to crash and that is not what you want I suppose. I can not see why you should be able to do it either. People who just click for fun are not very clever users.

Hans
Old 01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Hi Hans.

Please forgive my ignorance, but why would Flash crash? If we assume there are 10 hotspots on the map, the user clicks one of the spots, and when doing so, interaction with the other 9 will be disabled until the pano/website/picture/whatever has loaded, and immediately after loading has finished, interaction with all hotspots on the map is enabled again.... would this cause a conflict in Flash if properly applied... or is it impossible to find a "proper" way to do it?
Old 01-13-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddi View Post
Hi Hans.

Please forgive my ignorance, but why would Flash crash? If we assume there are 10 hotspots on the map, the user clicks one of the spots, and when doing so, interaction with the other 9 will be disabled until the pano/website/picture/whatever has loaded, and immediately after loading has finished, interaction with all hotspots on the map is enabled again.... would this cause a conflict in Flash if properly applied... or is it impossible to find a "proper" way to do it?
As I understand Jordi he wants the opposite. He just want you to be able to change the loading to a new pano before you actually loaded the first click.

And actually regarding the compass loading its a simple issue. If he link the compass to the panos it should work fine. linked="pano1 2 3 etc." i

Hans

Last edited by HansNyberg; 01-13-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Ah... ok. As I read him, he acknowleged it being a problem when disabling the clicking of other hotspots is not available ... which it is (I have come across it several times).