Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 04-13-2009, 03:12 AM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Well the fact that you just "looked" seems to be the reason

I have tried both on my own panos, and I can barely see any diference, if any I would say krpano is faster but not much to be considered better.

multiresolution is something you can enable or disable, and multiresolution panos are a VERY good thing, you can zoom and see some details, not saying that every pano needs to be in multiresolution, but use it on a proper pano and you will see why its good

and you don't seem to get the point, it only loads the parts that NEED to be loaded, think of Google Maps, you can also see that that "weird thing" in the middle CAN be disabled if you don't like it.

that's why it loads when you zoom.

here is an example

http://photoartkalmar.com/Photoart%2...rcheflash.html

zoom all the way on the picture of the virgin Mary, in fact zoom all the way on ANY part of the photo.

and here is another example.

http://dorin.europhoto.ro/dxn_pano/PtaUnirii/pano.html
Old 04-13-2009, 09:38 AM

Of course you can like it how much you want but I have no use of multiresolution, I can't or don't want do do them and don't expect people to wait that long for download and I think only it was annoying, if I wanted I could do mine FPP even more sharper but around 1MB seems reasonable and I think it is much better to zoom in to interesting parts of picture with hotspots showing a image (though there have I not come yet since I'm new to this).
If they want to sell more of theirs product it is up to them to show some good example, they don't and I am happy with the quality of FPP so I have no reasons to convert. I'm glad you have but I am not you.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:54 AM

Downloads: 5

Hi Guys !

You probably could stop quarrelling.
Everyone is free to use whatever he wants to use.
This place is made for FPP, and maybe private message seems to be made for this kind of conversation.

I don't want to play the "Magistrate"............just wish you the peace

Regards

Christophe
Old 04-13-2009, 10:41 AM

Yapp, everyone has right to think and buy what they want, I only told why I'm happy and I am finished, doesn't have shares in FPP...
Old 04-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to discocandy Send a message via Skype™ to discocandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophe View Post

I don't want to play the "Magistrate"............just wish you the peace

Regards

Christophe
Well I will, thnx Christophe for helping here.. good words

like Denis himself I do not want to see an FPP vs KRpano here.

So I want to put a hold on it while it is still a normal topic and before it starts to be a flamewar.
I allow you guys to give details on differences in different players.
I will NOT allow people to say a program s***s.

While the same goes for other players like pureplayer and pano2vr.
All have structures I like and dislike...

I'll keep a close eye.

Last edited by discocandy; 04-13-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Taking FPP out of hobby status and into full time job for Denis would be great!

.... only question is: Who is going to pay him the full time wages? Surely the 20 or so € he gets for every copy (after transaction cost, taxes, transfer fees) won't keep him alive for very long.

He has done a fantastic job, and I for one am very happy with the myriad of options FPP offers. Of course one can go for a "competing" product that only costs €600 more... and which has only around 20% of the FPP functionality... but there one would clearly have a full time job version. Even if FPP and Flashificator were bought together, it would be €545 cheaper than that "competing" product.

Patience is a virtue... I'm not a very patient man, but in the case of FPP, I am fully confident that it's better than anything else on every front... and it's getting better.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:52 AM

my gosh you guys are over protective, I don't recall EVER saying that ANY other software was better than any other, I am not even talking about easy pano its wayyyy to expensive to even consider it on this discusion.

I think both Krpano and FPP have their pros and cons whats so bad about that?

and tuddi, do you ever go to your clients and say, " hey i got this project that I can sell to you 20 bucks each, but its just a hobby for me and it will always be" I wonder how many SERIOUS clients are going to say YAY!!!

I never said FPP should be a full time job, but it stoped being a Hobby when he charged for it, otherwise why not j'ust give it away and have a donate button ? Panosalado could be considered a hobby, since its FREE and open source, FPP is a commercial software in my books, I bet you have a few projects of your own, heck I've seen you post things about flashificator when it stops, or when you run into problems, and I am sure flashificator is not your full time job, look at it this way, a 30 second post everyonce a blue moon could at least keep your clients if noy happy up to date.

I was one of the first to buy FPP when it was released and I still think its one of the best WAY over pano2vr and Easypano, but I think Krpano is a SERIOUS competitor, and Denis considering this just a hobby is just hurting his own software.

I still use FPP for projects that require it, but that does't mean I won't use anything else if it fits better.

and you guys can close this thread if it feels like a threat, but I am just posting my opinions, never once have I said FPP is worse nor better than Krpano, or viceversa.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

No worries my friend I am not poking a stick at you or the mentioned software(s). When we have need for something that one can't do, we use something that can do it, so I have no objections to you or anyone else switching between products. It's the sensible thing to do!

As to the word "hobby" .... it can come down to what meaning one puts into it when it is said. It can mean "I enjoy doing my work so much, that it feels like hobby" it can also mean that one only does it in one's limited free time. I am in no position to determine what meaning has been put into the word by Denis. (not into mind reading you know )

Panorama photography caught my interest by the balls, and it was truly my hobby... still to this day I enjoy it as a hobby, even when working with it professionally, and hopefully I will continue to feel that way about it. Once a hobby becomes "work"... it doesn't give the same free-spirited enjoyment. It becomes a heavy load to carry.

I think that explains ... at least MY view on "hobby"... and the attached feelings. Maybe Denis has the same view... maybe not.

And no... I am not being over protective... just throwing in my opinion. EP is a valid example... even though it is way out of the price range we have for KR and FPP. It is a product used by professionals around the world, and it does have regular (?) updates and such. And speaking from a professional point of view, a program that costs €639.95 is, and should be a sound investment. A good camera is in the price range of $2000-6000, then there is all the extra equipment one needs (tripod, pano-head, carrying bags, leveller etc)... not to forget the stitching and photo editing software and computer equipment (+ operating system)... and a laptop for taking around to show possible clients and current clients one's works. It all adds up... and expecting the software part to be as cheap as FPP is of course not realistic. When I purchased Realviz stitcher, it was over $800 ... and even though I thought it was expensive, it was a needed tool for my works (fortunately I was directed to PTGui later on).

FPP is not dead in development... it's just lacking public announcements on the progress. I understand why... been there myself on the opposite side... I always expected the first release to be just around the corner... only to make a complete fool out of myself... and months went by... it is pretty much impossible to predict a launch date before the whole thing is already done, and the "only" thing needed is testing and bug fixes. Of course it would be great to have a list over future features... but that again could give a backslash, by having competing software products to come out with the same things ... even faster than FPP. So keeping the cards close to his body, is understandable... regardless of how badly it may feel for us.

All written in good spirit, no hard feelings... just (as you) expressing my thoughts in writing.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:05 AM

Yeah I hear you on camera prices and laptops and stuff like that, but I bet that if we all could get a GOOD lens for under 100 dlls we all would :P same goes for easypano, why would I ever spend 600+ dlls for something that FPP or krpano can do (in my opinion MUCH better) I love FPP and krpano, it gives me the freedom to do something different for every client since
I am used to coding, I code for a living (mainly PHP now) so I am comfortable doing all the XML.

I've never tried Flashificator but a friend of mine bought it from you and he loves it, so I am pretty sure it must be cool

no hard feelings :-P
Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 AM

Angry Problem with service

I also have a problem with service:

I sent last November an email to Dennis asking for the invitation for the private google group to upgrade the pano.swf file and he never responded, I repeated the email in December with the copy of invoice and the copy of the receipt and I'm still waiting for the invitation.

What I need to do to Receive the invitation and download the new pano.swf (2.13)?

Thanks for your help