Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 01-03-2007, 01:04 PM

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Feedback on Flashpanoramas Viewer

Hello Denis,
I am spending a lot of time evaluating your viewer. So far I think it has plenty of promise. I own and operate a Virtual Tour company called Be There 360. http:bethere360.com.
I am developing a new product that will include a flash panorama viewer
and you certainly have my attention for using your product.

You can see an example of my demo so far at http:bethere360.com/flashtest/test2/fullpage.html.
(Use Firefox, IE7 not working yet)

I thought I would give you some feedback on a few issues and problems.

1. I really believe the 6 cube implementation is a time drain. If I am doing 6 tours per day and 6 panos per tour I spend a ton of time just converting equirectangular images into cube faces and then renaming them to your format. Please, please, PLEASE implement a equirectangular input to eliminate the time drain as well as multiple files required to be on the server. Obviously this is also a time drain on the ftp upload process.

2. I am not able to use the imageloader from flash. Firefox Crashes on loading if I use this object.

3. Dynamic text is working much better since I converted from loadVariables to loadVars. The loadVars is much better as I can implement a "onload" method to make certain the variables are loaded before using them.

4. I can not get the IE7 browser to work yet. I have to spend more time with this to find out why. Perhaps you have some insight???

5. The panos have a wavy effect going on. I am not sure if this is related to the quality settings. I am using "10" for speed.

6. I found your HotSpots review absolutely invaluable to get started. Perhaps you can implement more tutorials to get us novices up to speed?

7. Keep up the great work! I am truly excited about this great viewer.

Walt
Old 01-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Site admin

Downloads: 0

Thanks for your feedback!

1. I tested online remap code for equirectangular images. Flash is too slow for this type of actions (it takes for about 3 minutes to remap an average image...). Next version supports "cube stripes" (all cube faces in the single file), used with Spi-v player. This should eliminate the time drain.

2. Yes. Adobe told that some AS2 components can crash AS3 applications. They advise to use AS3 components instead....

3. Ok.

4. http://flashpanoramas.com/blog/2006/...pen-swf-files/ ?

5. Yes. 10 is the fastest, but 20 is more quality, and 30 is almost ideal.

6. Yes. We will continue to work with easy-to-use documentation.

7. Thanks. It's very pleasure for me to read this.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:41 PM

Downloads: 1

Denis,
Thanks for the quick response.

1. I hope that this single line cube is the same as Panoweaver outputs. This is what I use to create panos.

2. I am using Flash 8 Pro & that uses AS2. Can I get AS3 as a plug-in for Flash 8 or is this only for FLEX or development package?

4. I understand the IE7 swf file issue but I was using the html container...
Thoughts?

5. I will play with the settings to see the optimum.

7. Also my pleasure to work with you.

Walt