Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 04-16-2011, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord
Post FPP in YOUR language

Now it is possible to make FPP more accessible, by giving it more languages.

The first translations made possible, are for the new FPP Editor. Later the plan is to introduce "Tutorial Tooltips" that can be turned on and off. These tooltips will provide access to all available information regarding what this or that in the interface (and beyond) can or will be able to do. When the implementation of the "Tutorial Tooltips" has taken place, the relevant files will be made available for translation as well.

For now, the new FPP Editor texts are available in the attached file.

There are currently only 312 words to be translated, so this is not a huge task to take on, but it will help a lot of people to get better possibilities to create panoramas, when they have access to many of the things in their own language.

As there will be added more features and functions to the interface, there will be a need for further translations.

It doesn't matter how small a country you live in... even Iceland (my home ground) which only sports one panorama photographer as far as I know, could get it's own Icelandic interface. I hope this will be welcomed by the FPP community and that many people from all over the world will help making as many languages available as possible.

Please download the file and translate the texts needed, according to the instructions.

Thank you very much for your contribution to making FPP better!

Trausti Hraunfjord
Attached Files
File Type: zip FPP_Editor_MyLanguage_Translation.zip (3.1 KB, 66 views)
Old 04-16-2011, 11:05 AM

Downloads: 0

As hard code user i prefer to have only one language (english), this is the best way to share experiences from the users around the world (with forums for example).
I would prefer also that the development was more focused on (for me) most important features like compatibility for iPad for example (as Krpano does).
Old 04-16-2011, 12:12 PM

Downloads: 2

Hi Trausti;
I will work on Turkish translations and sent the file as soon as possible.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:10 PM

Default Russian

I'll translate to russian
Old 04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Thank you for the responses.

@Pot.
I understand your position, it is shared with many others. The focus has however been on preparing the whole platform for future development, and that has now been achieved. The iDevice support is next on the agenda, and will be available as soon as humanly possible. The two main brains behind that part are Sebastien and Richard. Proggy will do his part as well in terms of making things easier for end users.

The different languages will be accessible from the very same program, so people can change to English in split second, and discuss things based on the English interface... if they can manage English.

We who can communicate in English, are the absolute minority of the world, and personally I know of many people who have extreme difficulty having all things panoramic done, because everything is in a language they do not understand. Then there are all those we never hear from, because they don't even want to try to use something that is limited to English alone. What options do those people have? Not many if any, and certainly nothing on the level of what FPP or KRP can offer.
My plan is to change that, and make things easier for those who are limited by language barriers. This is the first step, and more will be done. I consider it more important than iDevice support which can be found elsewhere, but that does not mean that I consider iDevice support as somthing that should not be done. Same goes for other things. Time is the really limiting factor.

@seeinside360
Many thanks, this will be highly appreciated!

@Rodeus
Many thanks for the translation file which you have already sent me.

Currently the following languages have been provided at this point:

Dutch
English
Finnish
French
German
Hungarian
Italian
Malayalam
Norwegian
Russian
Serbian
Spanish
Turkish

As soon as I receive new languages, I will add them to the above list, so that there will not be 2 or more peole working on the same language by accident. People who are making translations into their own language, are welcome to post here, to let know they are in the process, and since the words/expressions can be quite specific, maybe it would be good for people to ask other in the community for help with the tricky words.

Trausti

Last edited by Trausti Hraunfjord; 04-18-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: More languages added to the list......
Old 04-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Here is what FPP 2.4 looks like with the first 10 languages:

http://www.screenr.com/SU5

There are a few tweaks left to be done, but release will happen today.

Those who want their language to be included in the first release, can still download and provide the translated texts.
Document for translation is found in this thread: http://flashificator.com/forums/view...p=10303#p10303

Thanks to all everyone who have had the patience to wait for this day, and a double portion of thanks to those who have supported the project with their translations.

This is the beginning of a new era for FPP.

Trausti
Old 05-02-2011, 03:25 PM

Trausti,
While I applaud your intention to make FPP multi-lingual friendly, there may be a flaw in your logic. The program itself may be multi lingual, but to learn and take avantage of all the authoring knowledge and tools, one has to constantly visit an ENGLISH forum such as this. German forums seem to be the other alternative for other platforms.

I agree with the general sentiments, iDevice support is the biggest gap. If you haven't checked out Pano2VR lately, I would encourage you to do so. It is definitely becoming very capable, with iDevice support, multi-res, and a growing plug-in community.

Even with the increasing popularity of Android devices, Flash pano performance on them are abysmal, including the most recent Android 3 tablets (I tried the Xoom and Galaxy). I was never an Apple fan, but have to grudgingly acknowledge HTML 5's superior performance on iPhones & iPads.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Well, the interface in different languages as it is now, is only the first step towards a more complete and full independence from having to use the English language. Plan is to have "Tutorial Tooltips" added, where every little thing is explained in detail in every supported language. That is a bigger work for translation... but I still hope that people will help on that front.

Same goes for the help files... those should be available in the corresponding languages as well.

iDevice support will come. Proggy already made an engine for it in his non-existing spare time. S?bastien Fray has also been working on the "Corvus" code, and he informed me last night that he'd try to find more time for it this week. These things are not with us yet, but this is on the agenda, and will be built in. I'd rather stay away from checking other panorama software's capabilities, features and functions, and focus on having something that is original and not the result of copying what others have done.... although that may not always be perceived as good by many.

Molehill has been demonstrated on Androids, and it is reported to be superb... and I have to say that I am totally and completely sure that it beats the crap out of anything the iDevices can manage to show at present time.

... but of course we still need to support both worlds.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:18 AM

I understand your sentiments toward iDevices, I feel the same. But if most of the clients are asking for it, what can you do? The truth is Flash panos just ain't ready for primetime on Android. The biggest disappointment is Flash panos on Android 3 seem to be performing worse than in 2.3, maybe Steve Job does know what he's talking about.

Pat L