Uploads: 0

I have done this in 2009.

http://de.expedition-zukunft.org/sci...our/index.html
Old 05-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Downloads: 0
Send a message via MSN to discocandy Send a message via Skype™ to discocandy

Maybe intersting to add the functions in the topic why you think it is not possible with flashificator.

Altho it might look a little different a moving menu, brightness shift moving hotspots,directional sounds, all possible.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:08 PM

Sure maybe everything cld be done with Flashificator it wld become tricky with the functions if a video or sound ends - and the surround sound starts again. I dunno if the Flashificator video player or mp3player has the possibility to do so. Most of the tours can be done with Flashificator - but at least this never was a point to discuss abt (for me) and I think it is silly to start a "war" Flashificator vs. "handcoder". Without the "handcoder" community we wldn?t have a GUI and the plugins we have today.

Last edited by Astroman; 05-31-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to discocandy Send a message via Skype™ to discocandy

I am a hand coder..
Old 06-01-2011, 04:25 AM
Administrator

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 1

I like having a high/low quality (high bandwidth / low bandwidth) button.
At work and on some friends computers they freeze up when opening fullscreen in high quality, and some people just want to view it fast in L/Q.
Can Flashificator do this?
http://www.indiavrtours.com/cats/tour.html
Old 06-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

You are all saved from a long rant.... longer than any of the above I have provided.
Thanks to the forums software.

I am not trying to start any fight or war or fuzz... I am just an Icelander, and we are true Vikings. Vikings are known for anything BUT good manners and kind/polite behaviour. I don't intend to offend people with my words, but that happens anyway.

First of all I would like to thank Freddy for his initial responses... he knows me well And I would also like to thank both Astroman and Cedric for their contributions... I spent a couple of hours enjoying their tours... time I don't have.... but it was very enjoyable viewing. Nothing there (if we look away from 3rd party plugins) that can not be done with Flashificator.

There are bugs and errors in the Les Champs Libres tour, and also in the Science Express tour.

You can find screenshots and a couple of videos here:
http://flashificator.com/1/Diverse/bugged_projects

The Champs tour has a plugin that gets stuck on the first frame if the project is opened, but you go away from the tab/window before it has really started opening, and return there later when it has downloaded... the pano will be the size of a stamp in the upper left corner. We had the exact same bug in Pano Cocoon reported a couple or 3 months ago, and it can be fixed.

The Science tour has several bugs... but clicking on "Dismiss all" I can view the tour, but there are still some issues that should be fixed with info/help screen that in combination with an open video/image, will prevent the tour selector in the top of the screen to come down. I can go through that privately if you like Astroman. Those things can absolutely be fixed. Bugs apart... I absolutely loved the tours. Please understand that I mention the bugs and errors in order for you to be able to encounter and fix them. The worst thing that I know, is when there is a bug, and no one reports it... so this is well meant on my behalf.

Roger.
The high/low bandwidth (high/low quality selector) can absolutely be done. I provided examples based on this kind of change in November last year. Did one where the pano will stay in low res until it goes full screen, then it goes to high res, another where it starts with low res, then changes automatically to high res when that has been downloaded with the preloader plugin in the background, and one where the user could switch between the high and low res with a toggle button.

Got to get at working on the panos I was shooting today... have to finish that project sooner than possible.

Again, thanks for the contributions, and I will look into making this contest with prizes more known and better presented so that more people might contribute from both sides of the FPP bathtub.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:02 PM

Downloads: 2

My humble opinion is that most of us expected some evolution in terms of better competitiveness. To say the truth the only reason, why I am still using FPP is that there are so many free plugins, thanks to one saint (sorry, "all" saints ). The other reason is, that I was awaiting new version of FPP, which, as I hoped could bring something new, really helpfull for me. In the beginning, the FPP was the only serious solution for VR photographers. Now it has serious competition among the panorama players - this means, that to retain the customers (fans, community) - there must be done something serious continually.
Almost no reaction and almost no appreciation of your 10-month hard work means to me, that the customers were not impressed by the result and have not received what they were waiting for so long (in terms of fulfilling what they need instead of what the developers think they need).

My own example:
Through the years, simultaneously with the internet and hardware development, I was gradually changing my panorama resolution from 1500x750px (2005-6?) till 8000x4000px (2011). Hovewer now my panoramas have about 4-7 MB with jpeg compression!. Using of non-multiresolution player is very limiting to me: I have found that I can not utilize my expensive photographic and computing equipment without multilevel panoramas. I do not care of Gpix panoramas, I just gradually need to offer better and better quality for the clients...

On the other hand, I highly appreciate, what U have done! Unfortunatelly, as it came during the time of photographic season in the northern hemisphere, I personally could not find a time to test it untill now (although I wanted). I apologize for this On the other hand, thanks to last messages + being a hand-coder, I am really inspired to order FCC in a short time.
VirtualGuide,NGo

http://www.virtualguide.sk

Last edited by Virtualguide; 06-01-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Trausti Hraunfjord

Since the start of my take-over, it was announced there would be 3 stages of updates. First stage would be the basis for the future framework. Second stage would be iDevice and multi resolution, third stage would be additional work on hotspots, enabling things that could not be enabled until stage two had been completed.

This has been said over and over. If people have not read this information, then that is their choice. If they read and ignored the information because it was convenient, then that was their choice. Fact remains that the information about the plan has been out there all the time. There was also a request for users to bring up their wishes for future features.... for some reason most users chose to ignore that option.... again and again and again. So we moved on with our plan, and *surprisingly* (not really), some people complained about their wishes not being completed and prepared in the first round of updates... even when they had never said what they wanted, and completely disregarding the need for stage ONE of the plan for updates as it was clearly laid out.

How can one put a roof on a house, if the house has not been built yet? That is a question I would like certain people to answer. I am sure they would not be able to do so, but yet they expect others to be able to "just because".

The result from this, is of course that it is completely useless to have a plan and follow it, when people just choose to ignore the plan and the logic behind it.... I may have to add here that the plan was completely logical and would have brought everyone everything they wanted, given more time. But that is history now. No second stage or third stage. People could not even understand or appreciate the first stage.... so there will be nothing more done on that account. NOT that I didn't want to, but rather that the "community" didn't want to.

If I hadn't wanted to, there would surely not have been 10 months of development time put into this thing that most FPP users don't even want to try out.

I am actually getting more requests from Flashificator users about the FPP editor, than I get requests from FPP hand coder community, and those users are happy about the new opportunities they get with the new Editor.... so some people are getting the point... and harvesting the benefits.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:00 PM

I would strongly advise supporting KRPANO for flashificator.

I know pretty much all there is to about the FPP API, and now the KRPANO API.
From the FPP api everything is pretty much the same in KRPANO api just with a different syntax, all the same thoughts apply. Howerver, the KRPANO api is about 20 times larger, allowing for a world of complexity if you wish.

I feel you could swap out the engines without a WHOLE helluva lotta work while expanding your market base and keep from being obsolete.

I thought I couldn't code in krpano because I would miss tommy's plugins, but then I realized almost everything was already either built-in to krpano or easly doable in the api itself.. PLUS, because its all XML, it immediately works on the in HTML5, iphones, ipods, ipads, and desktop safari.

However, there is no good GUI for krpano.... but the developement for krpano itself I don't think can ever be competed with.. I have projects now that are IDENTICAL in flash desktop and ipad...
I tried looking at tablets .. the flash tours were PISS poor performance.. the html5 ones are a dream in the ipad. I have no bias, thats just the way I see it.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:41 PM

My 2 cents as a FPP hand coder:

Neither Flashificator nor the FPP Editor hold any interest for me.

So as far as RC6 goes, the only new relevant material is the BETA hotspots.swf

Maybe it's because I haven't been looking hard enough, or in the right places, but I haven't seen anything that looks like a changelog for the hotspots.swf, so I don't really know what I'm getting or looking for if I download and use it.

As is no doubt the case for some others, I have deadlines to meet, and complex programs that are reliant on the current 'stable' version of hotspots.swf. I cannot afford to take the risk of using a potentially unstable BETA version and I have not had the time to adequately test it.

When I do find the time, if I discover that certain errors have been fixed, I shall do a little jig, leap around gleefully, and give you and Proggy an imaginary hug.

Until then, unless I can find clearly documented changes for the hotspots.swf, I have no burning desire to download it.

No criticism here, just one hand-coder giving some reasons for not downloading the latest RC.