Old 07-07-2011, 09:49 AM

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Hmm

But yes isn't that krPano?
Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 PM

Downloads: 0

Both, FPP for desktop version and Krpano if you use an Ithingy.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:54 PM

Hello All.

I must admit, I bought KRpano and PanoTourPro (GUI) yesterday too ....
For only the one (VERY IMPORTANT) reason --> iDevices!

I really don't like to learn a new player working with FPP for more than 2 years. To make life a litte easier I spent some extra money (still 199? for krpano license owners!) on the GUI made by Kolor - but this is a different topic

I must say, the ipad support of krpano is GOOD. Complex tours work well, most hotspot types get replaced by images and some of the plugins work on iDevices too.

I'd really wish FPP developers (are there any left?) take some action soon or provide a acceptable 3rd party iTOUR solution, if not i don't see much future for FPP.

I LOVE FPP!!! *CRY*

Another thing I will really mis in the future is allSaints plugin development and plugin support. allSaints, have you had a deeper look at krpano yet???
Old 07-21-2011, 07:04 PM

For what it is worth, Sebastien is collaborating with Corvus (Richard) and possibly a couple others to introduce a "HTML5" player for FPP based on Corvus' earlier code. This has been discussed elsewhere. It is a sincere effort by some talented guys but it is volunteer, so what the final player will look like or when it will be out is unknown. The intent is that the player will be much more than trivial. So, there is work being done.
----------------------
Auto Quality Plugin: Guarantee the best FPP experience possible for every viewer on every computer.
Motion Zoom Transition Plugin: Move from Node to Node

Last edited by Scott Witte; 07-22-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to discocandy Send a message via Skype™ to discocandy

I still think you need to redo your tour for Tablets and smartphones.
Also of the beloved Idevice you need a different gui to work with.

The way you look at stuff on tablets is way different from a monitor.
I use whatever is needed for my tours.
Yes FPP is still my favorite player because of the quality it can provide and I have still not seen any tour matching done in other players as some of the tours seen in Fpp.
Yes we miss multirez. But really how many times is that needed in a normal tour for a client? None of my clients are missing it, they love my quality!

What would be nice is a bigger Api so that we can do more things.

As for the html5 (Afari webkit) Flash war.
I think they both are here to stay. html5 can never do all Flash is doing.
or something magic must pop up soon. I know Flash will soon
Old 07-23-2011, 10:58 AM

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorH View Post
Hello All.

I'd really wish FPP developers (are there any left?) take some action soon or provide a acceptable 3rd party iTOUR solution, if not i don't see much future for FPP.

I LOVE FPP!!! *CRY*

Another thing I will really mis in the future is allSaints plugin development and plugin support. allSaints, have you had a deeper look at krpano yet???
Indeed Tommy's contribution is so precious, and his plug ins make FPP 's abilities better and more customizable than any other players. What I have been allways missing from FPP is an extended tutorial for non-coders. Also some sort of official support on coding would be great ( I feel embarased having to ask Tommy or everyone else for every little question I have regarding coding on FPP). For me, such a tutorial and an official support (through a locked payed thread in this forum) would be a treasure, giving the ability to really use the full potential of FPP and its plug ins. Dont get me wrong Trausti, but these 2 things would be much more usefull to me (and I believe to many FPP users) than any much promised and much promising update. FPP has many abilities (many more than other pano players) and only very skilled hand coders here have managed to make near full use of them. On the other hand, flashificator is very good for those who do not want to be bothered with hand coding, so maybe further development and an update there would be more enthousiastic and practically attract more users. Still using FPP and very happy with it, and dont want to waste my effort to learn how to use it in the future, rather I want to learn how to use it in its full potential. Regards , Minos
Old 07-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr.panorama View Post
Indeed Tommy's contribution is so precious, and his plug ins make FPP 's abilities better and more customizable than any other players.
Yes Tommy's plugins are perfect aswell as Scott's and others who provided plugins for FPP.

Quote:
What I have been allways missing from FPP is an extended tutorial for non-coders. Also some sort of official support on coding would be great ( I feel embarased having to ask Tommy or everyone else for every little question I have regarding coding on FPP).

Strange thing is there is info on that in the files you recieved from Denis or Trausti are Simple examples to get you started and info on how to make hotspots too.
That's how I learned the basics. (I could not read xml at all!)
It is like learning a new language on your own
To be honest I also looked at many samples online and learnd that way how it was written Copy pasted code and broke it into pieces to read how it worked.
It is a time investement nut that's how I learnd to write my code.
Most coders work like the first example.
Second is how I write. and also FCC is working. (As i recall Trausti based his FCC code on my way of coding)

reading a line as this:

<spotid="05circle1"depth="17"url="files/graphics/circle.png"pan="14"tilt="-15"scalex="0.78"scaley="0.78"alpha="0.3"scaleable= "1"onover="alpha=1; scale=2,400,bounce;external.aftooltips.text=Detail photo1"onout="alpha=0.2;scale=0.78,400,bounce; external.aftooltips.text=;"onclick="05bikeinfo1.vi sible=1; pano.saturation=-1,100;pano.blur=10,200;"linked="files/visualfiles/pano5"

Or as this:

<spot
id="05circle1"
depth="17"
url="files/graphics/circle.png"
pan="14" tilt="-15"
scalex="0.78" scaley="0.78"
alpha="0.3"
scaleable="1"
onover="
alpha=1;
scale=2,400,
bounce;
external.aftooltips.text=Detail photo1"

onout="
alpha=0.2;
scale=0.78,400,
bounce;
external.aftooltips.text=;"

onclick="05bikeinfo1.visible=1;
pano.saturation=-1,100;
pano.blur=10,200;"
linked="files/visualfiles/pano5"

I think the bottom one helps you more in reading as the top one.

If you do not understand this piece of coding please tell me what you do not understand about this piece..
there is a:
Id: to give FPP an name to rever to.
Depth: he layer the hotspot is in. (0-999)
Url: where the hotspot image is based
Pan tilt: the pan an tilt where the image is based.
scalex= scaley=: the scale of the image
alpha= transparent or not
scaleable: is a image scalable or not
onover/onout/onclick: What happens if you click, go over the hotspot with your mouse.
visible=: 0 or 1 visible off (0) visible on (1)

If you want to learn faster you will need flashificator.
perfect solution for handcoders and non coders. but still you need to learn the basic structure of FPP to use it right.
Same with KRpano.. you will need to learn the code so Never understood why people move over to KRpano because of lack of tutorial. There is a lot of info here and a gui to help. The new editor is also a great help.

just my 2 cents.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:18 PM

Downloads: 1

....and since the thread is (HTML5) SAFARI WEBKIT related: yes other players do support it to make compleat tours, (is it a coincidence that only Krpano is being mentioned or is it an intentional spam?). Even ptgui supports it for single tours too. Even if you use it for "HTML5" you can still use FPP for flash. Mark gave an example on how to combine players. Requesting a stand-alone "Html5" player, or an Fpp to "Html5" converter would be easier than requesting Fpp to be updated to support "Html5". I am sure such a solution will exist soon.
Yes Freedy, thats how i (struggled) to learn FPP too, through the tutorials and user examples. And finally I can understand what you wrote. But since I learned photography on film pls allow me to find it not such an easy way. An extensive tutorial with many examples would be better. And to give you an example of not solved conflicts I faced using FPP http://flashpanoramas.com/forum/show...?t=2273&page=2 .I could give you a few more, which yes i may could solve each, after 1 month of trial and fail attempts. But with analytic tutorial and examples and direct support it could be solved in a day. And of course I do believe that someone offering such direct support should be payed, thats why I suggest a locked thread where only paying members would ask for dedicated support and pple like Proggy or Tommy or anybody could answer and their contribution would be apperciated and payed. rgrds, Minos
Old 07-24-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
....and since the thread is (HTML5) SAFARI WEBKIT related: yes other players do support it to make compleat tours, (is it a coincidence that only Krpano is being mentioned or is it an intentional spam?). Even ptgui supports it for single tours too.
Sorry, no I was naming krpano to SPAM this forum. The "KR" thing is the only solution -I know of- that lets you create compatible vTOURS (not only single panorama images) without any extra work. If you can name some other alternatives, please do.

The other suggestion I also thought of (creating a Html5 compatible Tour with FPP plus the krpano .js bridge) would mean:
- buy krpano license
- buy the krpano idevice .js license (sells seperatly)
- make one tour for Flash players using FPP
- make the same tour again for html5 with krpano

Which is not very attractive to most (including me) not because of extra costs but because of double work.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Still you will need to do that as a tablet works way different as a pc (mouse device)
I showed several clients the same tours I used for monitors on tablets. all did not like it that way.
when I showed the a specially build tour for a tablet/phone device they where very happy about the way it could be used.
so a copy paste solution is not the perfect way... A budget way. nothing more.
a virtual joystic is a good solution. for a tablet or almost no buttons at all. and a good gui to show maps, hotspots.

still that is my opinion on tests on real people. no computer(panorama) guys.