Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 10-17-2011, 10:54 AM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Flash Stand Alone Projector - Loading Failed

Hi,

It's been a while since I've done this, but I'm having real problems getting the stand alone projector to work for a 5 node tour.

I have done this in the past with no problems but now each time I run my projector.exe file, I get the 'loading: failed' message on a green background. I am trying this with FPP player 2.2 and 2.3 and using Flash Stand Alone player 9, 10 and 11 (the latter 2 with FPP 2.3 only) and get the same error every time.

I am running everything from the same folder on my local hard drive.

Any ideas greatly received as I'm pulling what's left of my hair out. Thanks

visionman
Old 10-17-2011, 12:23 PM

On reading elsewhere in this forum (e.g. http://flashpanoramas.com/forum/show...ings#post19659) I see that this may be related to Flash Security Settings.

I am running Win 7 64 bit and accessed my Flash Player Settings Manager via my Control Panel. I added the folder on my F: drive where I am doing the development as a 'trusted location'. No joy though. The tour does, and always has, run fine online. Just can't get the projector.exe version to work.

Even if the security settings had made a difference to me, how can this be a viable solution? Are my client's offline users going to have to jump through these hoops to make a CD based tour work?

As I mentioned above, I did this before, about 2 years ago, and it all worked fine. Hmmmmm

visionman

EDIT: I have a dual boot system and so have tried this with Win XP too. Have also tried using a basic single node tour as per the original FPP tutorial.

Last edited by visionman; 10-17-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:48 AM

Where'd everybody go?! Anyway, on the assumption that someone may one day look at this thread, you might like to know I found the problem and fixed it, thanks to Scott Witte's help.

Your projector.exe file MUST have the same name as your pano swf file. So, if your project is using a pano swf called house.swf, then your projector file must be called house.exe. Simple, but would have been sooooo much simpler if this was mentioned in Denis's original tutorial.

vm
Old 10-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to discocandy Send a message via Skype™ to discocandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionman View Post
Where'd everybody go?!
most of us are at the flashificator forum.
it is almost impossible to maintain 2 forums.