Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 03-24-2008, 05:34 PM

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

@Tuddi: He offers an unlimited licence (for as many servers as you want), but with EUR 150 it's much too expensive for what you get, in my opinion, compared to FPP for example.

@Patrick: Yes, Denis also answered me more or less quickly, but still I think the whole information policy of FPP is unsatisfying. Although the forum is very helpful, there should be a more specific documentation available. Anyway, just to point this out clearly, I am very satisfied with the product FPP itself -- if only bug fixing and information sharing would be faster and more transparent.

@all: As far as I have read, krpano's perspective correction uses some sort of fisheye-like remapping, which makes larger viewing angles (greater HFOVs) possible. Personally, I also find this looking some kind of wobbly -- but this feature can be disabled. What I find impressive with krpano is the way high resolutions are handled (automatic dynamic reloading when zooming in and out), so really big resolutions can be used for panos.

Anyway, I don't plan to change to krpano or to any other player, since I am satisfied with FPP. Yet I think Denis should at least announce if (and what kind of) improvements and new features / plugins he's planning. If they would be free or one had to pay for is another question which could be discussed as soon as there was some clarity what the roadmap is like.

Regards, Philipp

EDIT: The krpano developer has reacted onto user's commments in a German forum where he annonced his software first: He made the software cheaper (EUR 90 for unlimited licence, including an editor and all other programs).

Last edited by phberlin; 03-24-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:05 PM

Downloads: 0

Hey guys,

When I delete the old hotspot plugin and replace with the new one from this post none of the hotspots can be seen.

I am loading the swf the same method:

layer_5 = system/hotspots.swf

Any ideas?
Old 04-10-2008, 02:11 PM

Downloads: 0

ignore that last post. sorted it. installed the 2nd update and all works ok :-)