Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 10-16-2007, 03:24 AM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default AS3: passing loadPano parameters through Flash CS3 combobox

To pass individual parameters for every pano through combobox works the same way as passing parameters through spot objects loadPano, right?

Well...

I've noticed when I pass parameters for zoom, tilt, pan and segments, through combobox, then the text in the combobox stops updating, so when you go to next pano through some hotspot in your present pano, the previous pano name doesn't update to next pano name when the next pano loads.

It's either: keep the control over params, but forget about having the correct pano name displayed in the combobox, automatically updating, when going through hotspots existing side to side with combobox.

OR

have the name correctly updated upon every new pano, but then say goodbye to having zoom, tilt, pano,segments values set the way you want to at the beginning, stick with just the name of the pano.

Can't all the possible loadPano parameters be passed through combobox without breaking the pano name updating functionality?

This is what I'm doing:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6...trollerog2.jpg

and obviously, this is not loft as it says in the combobox, the name didn't update when hotspot arrow in pano05 was clicked because this pano (pano04) had extra parameters passed to it via the combobox:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/460/notloftfk9.jpg

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by Dalileis; 10-16-2007 at 03:38 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:46 AM

You're going to need to edit the .fla just a bit. There are at least 3 versions of the controller that I have seen, the below should work for the as3 version Denis posted to the forum, might work for the as2 version, and I don't even remember where I saw the other one.

find this line:
if (_cb.getItemAt(i).data==panoName) {

replace it with:
var dataFromArray:String = _cb.getItemAt(i).data ;
var nameOnly:Array = dataFromArray.split("&")
if (nameOnly[0]==panoName) {

Basically, controller gets the panoName from the main application, which in your case would be images/pano04 and it is trying to match it to one of the items in the data array, but images/pano04 in the data array has all the parameters after it, so images/pano04 doesn't match images/pano04&panHome=......., hence the controller doesn't update. So, the above code splits the params from the item in the data array before it checks for a match.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks!

I've found the line and replaced it and it's working beautifully now. Zoom, tilt, pan, segments, all of it, and the comobobox updating as it should.

As for the controller, I'm using the controller from the standard Flash Panoramas package. Resaved it in Flash CS3, and answered yes when it asked me do I want to convert from Flash 8 format.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zleifr View Post
You're going to need to edit the .fla just a bit. There are at least 3 versions of the controller that I have seen, the below should work for the as3 version Denis posted to the forum, might work for the as2 version, and I don't even remember where I saw the other one.

find this line:
if (_cb.getItemAt(i).data==panoName) {

replace it with:
var dataFromArray:String = _cb.getItemAt(i).data ;
var nameOnly:Array = dataFromArray.split("&")
if (nameOnly[0]==panoName) {

Basically, controller gets the panoName from the main application, which in your case would be images/pano04 and it is trying to match it to one of the items in the data array, but images/pano04 in the data array has all the parameters after it, so images/pano04 doesn't match images/pano04&panHome=......., hence the controller doesn't update. So, the above code splits the params from the item in the data array before it checks for a match.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:19 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks! This worked perfectly for me (on my second attempt)- I must have included an extra space in my first 'copy-paste' as it gave me an 'syntax' error.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:35 AM

There seems to be a problem with this however. It did fix the menu update problem perfectly, but now my dropdown menu seems erratic after the first menu click. It loses mouse sensitivity, the color change on mouse-over only lasts about 1 second and frequently the mouse click will not work.
I removed the code and went back to the original code and this erratic behavior went away. However I again lost the menu updates.
I seem to have an AS2 controller. When I tried to export the movie as AS3, it gave me error messages.
Maybe I need as AS3 controller? Any idea of where I could get it?

I started another thread about this before I realized it was related to this code change.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:47 AM

Hi Dave.

You can get the AS3 controller here:

http://flashpanoramas.com/player/sou...roller_as3.zip
Old 12-08-2007, 12:53 AM

Hi jez_p
I cannot seem to get this link to work. Could you chek it? Thanks
Old 12-08-2007, 01:03 AM

Apologies, here you go:

http://flashpanoramas.com/player/sou...roller_as3.zip
Old 12-08-2007, 01:07 AM

thanks. Got it.
now to test it..
Old 12-08-2007, 02:29 AM

Great! Switching to the as3 controller seems to cure the flakiness in the menu after making the above code change.