Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Talk > General FPP Discussion

Old 11-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 1
Default Hotspot with mouseover image ?

Hi all,
Sorry but I have not been able to figure this simple thing out yet.
How do you set it up so that an image opens up when you mouse over a hotspot, and then you can click on the image to open up a new pano?

Thanks
Old 11-01-2007, 02:50 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

You need a second spot with the image in it set to visible=0 and placed adjacent to the first one with onClick=loadPano(...). Then the first spot has onOver=secondSpot.visible=1 and onOut=secondSpot.visible=0.

That is basically how it is done. There is plenty of room there for "improvement": you can make it fade in by adding in an alpha tween, blur in, slide in, drop in and bounce.

If you don't need to click on the second spot to load the pano (you can use the onClick action of the first to do it) then you could use the tooltip plugin I wrote and it can load images in the tooltips alongside any text. also the tooltip moves with the mouse.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:31 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zleifr View Post
You need a second spot with the image in it set to visible=0 and placed adjacent to the first one with onClick=loadPano(...).
I may be missing something but I think I do this with just one image. (Assuming the image you want opened up is the hotspot). So for example:
Code:
<spot id="Recep" url="Reception.png" pan="-93.00" alpha="0" onOver="alpha=1" onOut="alpha=0" 
onClick="loadPano(?panoName=Reception&&panHome=55,600,fade)" />
Now, if the hotspot is always visible and you want a separate image to open zleifr's method would be the way. However, if you want to click that image to load the new pano you would skip the "onOut=secondSpot.visible=0" or there would be no image to click by the time your mouse got there. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.
----------------------
Auto Quality Plugin: Guarantee the best FPP experience possible for every viewer on every computer.
Motion Zoom Transition Plugin: Move from Node to Node